• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Stuff.co.nz is saying that Bond might come back for the Bangladesh series. Wouldn't risk him in a game we are going to win anyway. Vettori says Bond is wanting to play every game.

I am sympathetic towards James' post when he said that Bond should be saved for ODIs only. Can't make up mind though. It was so nice to actually win a test.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Drop Farhat, get Malik to open and Misbah to slot into the middle order IMO. Doubt we'll see it, though.

AaronK

State Regular
Stuff.co.nz is saying that Bond might come back for the Bangladesh series. Wouldn't risk him in a game we are going to win anyway. Vettori says Bond is wanting to play every game.

I am sympathetic towards James' post when he said that Bond should be saved for ODIs only. Can't make up mind though. It was so nice to actually win a test.
i would go for the opposite.. he should retire from one day and Twenty 20 and focus on the longer version of the game.. I still believe that the NZ bowling line up is good enough for shorter version without Bond.. why risk him injuries by playing meaningless ODI and 20/20matches..

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i would go for the opposite.. he should retire from one day and Twenty 20 and focus on the longer version of the game.. I still believe that the NZ bowling line up is good enough for shorter version without Bond.. why risk him injuries by playing meaningless ODI and 20/20matches..
As a NZ fan, I'd prefer that option too, but can't see why a player would go that way when all the big $$$$$ are earned playing the shorter forms of the game.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And because the short spells in the limited overs games take far less of a toll on the body.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
As a NZ fan, I'd prefer that option too, but can't see why a player would go that way when all the big $$$$$ are earned playing the shorter forms of the game.
Bond didn't sound overly interested when he was asked about now joining the IPL a little while back. Perhaps he figures he has enough of the $$$$$$$ now....... if the ICL actually got round to paying him of course.

He certainly seems driven to continue to play tests, so good on him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Would you though?

Say you were told here and now he could retire from limited overs stuff but play Tests for another 18 months tops or he could retire from Tests but play limited overs stuff for 3-4 years, which would you pick?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would you though?

Say you were told here and now he could retire from limited overs stuff but play Tests for another 18 months tops or he could retire from Tests but play limited overs stuff for 3-4 years, which would you pick?
Ignoring all monetary issues I would unquestionably take the Tests option, personally.

GGG

State Captain
if I was in his shoes and what I would like to see him do is to try and get a IPL contract, give up ODI's, 20/20 internationals, play tests,IPL and the odd first class match if rusty/out of form.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If anyone deserves a huge payday its Bond. I know as fans we hate to see players injured all the time but Bond just keeps on working through it to try and get back in the team. Even after NZC left him high and dry he came back and played for us. Wouldn't mind at all if he took the $ and only played one format of the game for us.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
just saw Cheif selector Iqbal Qasim interview he thought Faisal shoould come in for Fawad and Misbah for Umer Akmal.:wacko:

I think Mr. Qasim recv'd a good bonus check from Faisal's relatives! WTF! Why is PCB so f***ing dumb! :@

Butt is returning for sure........and Kamran may open this time around.

Ajmal will be replaced with Kaneria and ofcourse Misbah will be in the middle.

Probable but not ideal:

Butt
Kamran
Alam
Yousuf
Umer
Misbah
Malik
Aamir
Gul
Asif
Kaneria

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
If anyone deserves a huge payday its Bond. I know as fans we hate to see players injured all the time but Bond just keeps on working through it to try and get back in the team. Even after NZC left him high and dry he came back and played for us. Wouldn't mind at all if he took the $ and only played one format of the game for us.

Well put, he does deserve $$ for his efforts........whataplayaaaaaa

trapol

U19 12th Man
Use your heads people

Bond give up ODIs/T20s for Tests dont be so stupid. Hell freezing over ismore likely to happen.

Test cricket is on its way out, you must see that.

Bond will be gone after this summer from Test cricket so get out in force against the Aussies as it will be your last chance to see him bowl more than 10 overs.

Im back from the UK then and thats what im planning on doing...see you there

Meridio

International Regular
Weather update: it's been overcast, cold, windy and generally crap all morning, but it's not raining. All the streets, paths etc where I live (around 1km from the Basin) were all dry, so I'd say it hasn't rained for a while. Hopefully that means we can start on time.

It's meant to clear up later as well. Looking out the window at work, it seems like it's getting a bit lighter, though maybe that's my imagination.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Weather update: it's been overcast, cold, windy and generally crap all morning, but it's not raining. All the streets, paths etc where I live (around 1km from the Basin) were all dry, so I'd say it hasn't rained for a while. Hopefully that means we can start on time.

It's meant to clear up later as well. Looking out the window at work, it seems like it's getting a bit lighter, though maybe that's my imagination.
Sounds like a good Wellington day then :p. I guess that's why these matches all start at 12.

Howsie

International Captain
Southee is definitely not playing in this test.
Booooo :@

I'd love to see Tuffey do well, don't get me wrong. But I just can't see it happening tbh. I'd like to know though why can't any bowler from Northern Districts make the New Zealand XI, all four fast bowlers have been outstanding so far this season, and yet not one of them is going to be playing after we lose our best fast bowler :wacko: