• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in India

smash84

The Tiger King
Junaid's first spell handed you the match on a platter.
yep....and he was moving the ball both ways

the conditions were quite helpful too at that time

I can't imagine what BK would have done to the Pak batting line up in those conditions

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh:
tbf Pat Cummins does not look 19 too, I guess some of them are just big boned :ph34r:
Haha nah at least Cummins is young in the face, Jamshed just looks middle aged. And has the body of someone middle aged. And is probably middle aged.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Junaid's first spell handed you the match on a platter.
I can see that from the scorecard. Maybe a bit more insight from someone who watched the match? Any good variations?

Thanks Smali for letting me know about the in-swinger. Seems like Mohammad Akram is doing a good job.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Haha nah at least Cummins is young in the face, Jamshed just looks middle aged. And has the body of someone middle aged. And is probably middle aged.
that never stopped people from passing comments on Mohammad Amir's age but yeah I see where you coming fro Amir Sohail thinks he's 28 atleast.:laugh:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
How does a guy like Dinda get a game? Look at that ****ing action :laugh:

Like the look of the Kumar fellow but he's Indian hence will revert to type before long.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What was Dhoni's logic in holding back Kumar's last 3 overs?
I wouldn't have done it myself. But the logic was that the spinners would have taken one or two more wickets in the middle overs, leaving it a more close contest at the end.

At this stage who do people think is better, Junaid or Starc?

And what speeds to both bowl at?
Starc is quicker and has the edge in ODIs, imo but Junaid is the better Test bowler. Junaid is more fast-medium than fast but can certainly crank it up to 145kph on occasion.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't have done it myself. But the logic was that the spinners would have taken one or two more wickets in the middle overs, leaving it a more close contest at the end.
Which they probably have done if they umpires did not muck up. I know it doesn't matter at the end.

Spark

Global Moderator
I can see that from the scorecard. Maybe a bit more insight from someone who watched the match? Any good variations?

Thanks Smali for letting me know about the in-swinger. Seems like Mohammad Akram is doing a good job.
Good length deliveries on off stump with good but not outrageous swing/seam. Really, scorecard does give the story. Was a top spell.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea but you still want a guy like Kumar to bowl out early-ish whilst he's still getting movement. India's death bowling should be just whoever is left because they're all similarly ****e at it.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Yea but you still want a guy like Kumar to bowl out early-ish whilst he's still getting movement. India's death bowling should be just whoever is left because they're all similarly ****e at it.
Yes. That is why I wouldn't have done it myself but it isn't the worst decision of all time to save him overs behind. Also, there is a chance of diminishing productivity if you bowl him 10 straight as he gets tired.

smash84

The Tiger King
looks like someone from pakpassion posted on cricinfo

"Pakistan needs a real fast bowler who can bowl in 150s. Wat local coaches are doing in pak? Have a look around in rural pak. There must be some1 wasting his talent with tape ball cricket."

:huh: