• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
social said:
Averaging 19 in his last 11 tests.

For a guy whose position is consistently justified by reference to his batting, that's abysmal. Especially when you consider that he gives his wicket away virtually every innings.
Haha it was actually a joke, in reference to an online game called battrick. There's no doubt in my mind that Geraint is a terrible batsman.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
UncleTheOne said:
Just want to know peoples thoughts here. If the king of Spain was to make a miraculous return to fitness tomorrow, who would you play in the next test out of him and Panesar, and who do you think England would actually go for?
Panesar. But some people would drop Panesar and play Liam Plunkett and Giles.

Monty has already got 3 wickets and very likely to take a 5'er.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
NZTailender said:
Yes, but was it fast tripe?
Not particularly.

It was wide outside off stump hit me whereever you want for runs tripe.

Thankfully it only lasted 3 overs, but at least it got Pakistan over the 100!

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fusion said:
I'm doing a rain dance as I type this. :cool:
Damn you Fusion:)

Montys most dangerous ball seems to be the straight one.

Still, imagine how well we'd be doing if Plunkers were playing, instead of ineffectual finger-spin:laugh:

grecian

What a liability in tests Alfridi is, outside of the sub-continent:laugh:

Monty and GBH fighting for 10 in the match.

Oh looks like GBH may win:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sami decides "Afridi is a great example to follow" so let's take a massive swipe at that. He just wants to remind peope that he's just a big liability batting as bowling.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Pakistan's batting has been gutless in this game but the middle order is still class and will recover, but what options do they have with the ball other than the dross we've seen in this game?

grecian

Samuel_Vimes said:
Two men have taken all of England's wickets. (the run out excepted. :D )
Yeah, if there hadn't been a run out, have two men ever taken 10 in a test match before?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
grecian said:
Yeah, if there hadn't been a run out, have two men ever taken 10 in a test match before?
Monty and Jason Brown did it for Northants in the CC last year. Don't know if it's ever happened in Tests, but that was the first time in over 100 years in the FC game, so I suspect it hasn't.

grecian

Academic now anyway, GBh takes the last one.

Great win, one of the most comphrehensive I've seen England do, against a top nation:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well played England. What a massive victory. I haven't seen such a disgusting performance by Pak for a while. It will take a lot to recover from this and bounce back. Pak players have a lot of soul searching to do right now.