• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Howe_zat

Audio File
If you can't recognise when your team is doing well, then being negative when they deserve it means nothing. Just empty noise.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Duncan Fletcher dreamed about a side like this.
So did Illingworth to be fair. He wanted an all rounder and a spinner who could bat in his time, just that White and Croft weren't in the same league as the current players we have.

JRC67

U19 12th Man
So did Illingworth to be fair. He wanted an all rounder and a spinner who could bat in his time, just that White and Croft weren't in the same league as the current players we have.
Croft wasn't, if you look at Craig White's last 20 matches he was just about good enough - but his body just gave out.

Captain_Cook

U19 12th Man
Duncan Fletcher dreamed about a side like this.
It's weird because Mo is a "bits-and-pieces" cricketer. I used to really slag off Dwayne Bravo and Darren Sammy as test players but Mo is no better averaging 30 with the bat and 40 with the ball.

smash84

The Tiger King
tbf it has always been thrown around that when England do it then its an art and when Pakistan do it its ball tampering but I don't think anything will come of it. A lot of Pakistan fans love a good conspiracy theory

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
tbf it has always been thrown around that when England do it then its an art and when Pakistan do it its ball tampering but I don't think anything will come of it. A lot of Pakistan fans love a good conspiracy theory
I think the fact it's not even getting any traction on Pakpassion shows you what a load of nonsense this latest one is.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
There's nothing even remotely incriminating there and even if there was what was the penalty for the south africans who got busted in the last few years? A 5 run penalty, change of ball and a small fine. Nothing. I didn't see day 4 but it was reversing plenty for Pakistan in the few overs they bowled on day 5 at England.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah Sohail got a few to reverse on day 5. My favourite is the allegation was Root was scratching the 7 overs old ball.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
To be fair part of the historic accusations against Pakistan were probably a) because no-one understood how the **** they were getting the ball to reverse and b) my hunch is that there probably was a degree of ball tampering in 1992.

Now that everyone knows how to get reverse there's not really many accusations. The only time I can remember any accusations recently was Vettori making an allegation at the T20 World Cup, and to be fair, if you're getting the ball to reverse halfway through a T20 then what you're doing to the ball is probably not strictly within the rules.

smash84

The Tiger King
To be fair part of the historic accusations against Pakistan were probably a) because no-one understood how the **** they were getting the ball to reverse and b) my hunch is that there probably was a degree of ball tampering in 1992.

Now that everyone knows how to get reverse there's not really many accusations. The only time I can remember any accusations recently was Vettori making an allegation at the T20 World Cup, and to be fair, if you're getting the ball to reverse halfway through a T20 then what you're doing to the ball is probably not strictly within the rules.
I don't disagree but it was hard to shrug off the feeling that most allegations seemed in poor taste and more from an inability (and lack of skill) to be able to reverse the ball than from ball tampering.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well played to both teams tbh. I don't think Pakistan played terribly, England just really brought their A game while batting in the second dig.

smash84

The Tiger King
It's not a particularly spurious hunch given that Imran Khan has admitted it.
Imran talked about it in a very different context though. And his point was that if it was only about scratching the ball then everybody was doing it but they couldn't reverse.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't disagree but it was hard to shrug off the feeling that most allegations seemed in poor taste and more from an inability (and lack of skill) to be able to reverse the ball than from ball tampering.
See point a). 'We have no idea how they're doing this so they must be cheating'.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol your hunch? Imran is on record saying it was so....