• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah that line up is way to weak batting wise. Bayliss obviously done a great job for us but at times I feel like his only plan is to out aggressive the opposition which doesn't always work.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Younis, Yousuf and Inzi not too long before them but yeah, they didn't have a good number 6 (Malik was ok I guess). Shafiq and Ali have been pretty good supports to Younis-Misbah.
Yeah, they've been pretty good, but for some reason I find them totally uninspiring. Cricket equivalent of a Gareth Barry-James Milner midfield. :laugh:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Just thinking, the Pakistan 3-6 has basically been the same for just under six years. Can't imagine there's been many examples of such prolonged middle order stability (and excellence).
Dravid-Tendulkar-Ganguly-Laxman as India's 3-6 played for much longer I think - and they were far more successful

Edit: If you meant for Pakistan only, then you may have a point

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
lol, the media already going with Borthwick at the top of the list to replace Compton. One month until the first test against Pakistan- Plenty of time for his form to fall away epically.
There you go. Barely scored a run since the papers came out a month ago with Borthwick as the chosen one. Might have one more innings in this current game.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There you go. Barely scored a run since the papers came out a month ago with Borthwick as the chosen one. Might have one more innings in this current game.
Wonder if Ballance has found form at the right time, 50 last game and ton this. Be harsh on the rest if Ballance comes in after a poor season but not impossible.

anil1405

International Captain
smali, any idea why Wahab isn't playing this game? Is it just a case of Pak giving other bowlers a go?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan having a different start to their series compared to SL.... hopefully this bodes well for a more competitive close fought contest.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
smali, any idea why Wahab isn't playing this game? Is it just a case of Pak giving other bowlers a go?
Maybe because Wahab has been in England for a while for Essex and they want to give others some overs before the Tests. They have another game against Surrey in a few days, so he might play there.

anil1405

International Captain
Maybe because Wahab has been in England for a while for Essex and they want to give others some overs before the Tests. They have another game against Surrey in a few days, so he might play there.
Yea, had the feeling that they might have wanted to give other bowlers a go. But wasn't aware that Wahab spent time with Essex this season.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
As i said earlier in the thread wahab hasn't been a great test prospect for pakistan. Imran khan and rahat Ali have generally been more effective in getting wickets at the right times. So he is 3rd seamer at best and pak have been trying to look at other options.

Niall

International Coach
As i said earlier in the thread wahab hasn't been a great test prospect for pakistan. Imran khan and rahat Ali have generally been more effective in getting wickets at the right times. So he is 3rd seamer at best and pak have been trying to look at other options.
I dunno about him been the third seamer just yet, his spell in the 2nd test was crucial in winning the second test against England. Rahat is an enigma, when on song he very good, but drops his head very quickly and like Imran offers absolutely nothing with the bat and in the field.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Love the reactions to the BBC headline from some desis on Twitter. I believe Aamir rehabilitation is right. While the BBC poked some people the wrong way with that headline, it's not like they said some thing wrong. No need to go up in arms over it.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Love the reactions to the BBC headline from some desis on Twitter. I believe Aamir rehabilitation is right. While the BBC poked some people the wrong way with that headline, it's not like they said some thing wrong. No need to go up in arms over it.
The reason it is controversial is it is deliberately inflammatory as click bait and adds nothing to the story.... he took 3 wickets in an excellent spell of bowling, that is the story, the additional description serves no purpose but to cause controversy Those people who know who he is, know what he did; something that has been judged and done with.... The fact it is truthful does not mean the reason for doing it is not wrong... If they want to talk about his spot fixing again and his ban, make a story about that.

Personally I`m tired of media deliberately creating controversy (which is barely short of trolling) and providing inaccurate and misleading headlines and articles (on cricket or anything else). I really would like that every-time a media outlet has to print a retraction for them to be forced put it on their front page as a huge headline saying, We ****ed up again because we could not bother to do our job properly... (end of rant...)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's a past which cannot be avoided at least till he takes a fair few wickets. Rehabilitations are never easy.