• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Win is a win (not to be cliche!), winning in 3 days is always good confidence no matter who you are playing...
Fair enough. I would have liked more time for Shafiq and with him ideally getting a hundred too. Got a lot of hope pinned on this guy. I am really excited to see how he does in this series.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Credit to Pakistan. Now atleast if they lose the tests and complain about low quality opposition in the warm-ups, they'll have a point.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
He was only employing the same unhelpful 'get used to it' attitude that you were, not that it makes the retort much better.

Great to see the word triggering can now be used as a catch all for any instance of someone airing a legitimate gripe. Alse great to see the England-Pakistan thread off to a great start.
people shouldn't be acting aghast and morally outraged over the same broadcaster that has hounded and criticised Justin gatlin to the point where he refuses to deal with them anymore. this is not news, the bbc do not report kindly on cheats and rightly so.

91Jmay

International Coach
The headline was a bit much, but pretending it has never happened is also unhelpful and a bit disingenous.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm sure Pakistan will have little trouble bowling England out, but this Somerset team is one that has Trego at 5. Trego. A guy who spend most of last season collecting ducks. Add to that you have two guys I've never heard of at 2 & 3, a keeper who usually bats in the tail at 6. A bits and pieces Scottish player at 7 and a load of tailenders.

Daemon

The regulations for the dimensions of the field have always been smaller (55-70 yards compared to mens 65-90). Nearly everything else in Women's cricket is downsized from bats, balls, physical strength to the length of test matches. It makes sense. It's far too easy for spinners in LO if the boundaries are long.

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
I'm sure Pakistan will have little trouble bowling England out, but this Somerset team is one that has Trego at 5. Trego. A guy who spend most of last season collecting ducks. Add to that you have two guys I've never heard of at 2 & 3, a keeper who usually bats in the tail at 6. A bits and pieces Scottish player at 7 and a load of tailenders.

What are your thoughts on [FONT=BentonSansBold, Arial, sans-serif]Sussex who Pak play next in their next tour game?[/FONT]

[FONT=BentonSansBold, Arial, sans-serif]How is their batting line up and bowling line up? Anyone in the 11 that can give Pakistanis a good challenge or a good practice game?[/FONT]

91Jmay

International Coach
Hopefully George Garton plays. Will be nice to see him test himself against a quality test batting line up, and will be good for Pakistan to see some pace prior to the test series.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Can the first test start already? I can't sleep at night thinking about the series..I can't ****ing focus at work anticipating this series

OverratedSanity

Yeah, I'm getting pretty hyped for this. England vs Pakistan is always fun anyway, but now with the Amir narrative, this has the potential to be the most fun series in years.

smash84

The Tiger King
Agreed. I am also really wanting it to start already. Although I'm not sure how pakistan will fare in real match situation

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't care if they lose 0-4. Pakistan have one of the most packed test seasons coming up this year and I can't wait for it to start.