• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Err right. This coming from a person who a minute earlier said England were lucky that Cook scored a century otherwise they'd have lost by more.
Listen smart ass, i said that because i wanted to point out England's problems that they had against Pak to sort of put the Ashes in perspective. And even if i did say it in some other context then what does that have to do with Ajmal's action?

England playing half-decently will beat Pakistan.

England playing well will crush Pakistan.

In a couple of years if you've gotten rid of the clowns at the top you might be in a similar position, but you're not there yet.
Just goes on to show how potentially **** England's team is which has no limits to its rock bottom and ended up losing to Pak. Suck it up bud!

Oh Edit: At least Pakistan has players who are actually born in Pakistan and not in South Africa or Scotland/Ireland...we can actually come up with a team from the homeland and beat your fruit punch!

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Err right. This coming from a person who a minute earlier said England were lucky that Cook scored a century otherwise they'd have lost by more.

England playing half-decently will beat Pakistan.

England playing well will crush Pakistan.

In a couple of years if you've gotten rid of the clowns at the top you might be in a similar position, but you're not there yet.

To be honest, its the other way around

The Pakistani batting is still pretty ****ty...they just made two changes..Yasir Hameed (who does not really have a record to boast of) and Mohammad Yousuf (the lone batsman to average over 50) to replace two underperforming players..

They have a wicket keeper who cant bat, cant field, cant catch

AND yet they won by 4 wickets in England, playing away from home. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So you got your facts wrong there buddy.. 8-)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very well played Pakistan, richly deserved victory.

Very possibly Strauss's worst game as captain for my money tho. Dropping Asif cost nearly 40 runs and, as others have already obsevred, this was quite possibly terminal in the final analysis. His field settings when Anderson had made the early breakthrough more belonged to the limited overs game too. Protecting the boundary is all well and groovy, but when defending <150 runs with two days' play remaining at the cost of easy singles it beggars belief.

Just on Ajmal's action, a few members here are displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of the testing process. By (barely) being cleared once in laboratory conditions he's only proved he can bowl within the tolerance limits in laboratory conditions, it isn't a rubber stamping of his action in perpetuity. The fifteen degree limit was introduced because it's around the point where the elbow flexion becomes visible to the naked eye. Ergo if any action looks suspect it's usually because it is. Muralitharan, with his birth defect, may have been the one exception, but AFAIK Ajmal has nothing similar.

Alles klar? Sehr gut.

kingkallis

International Coach
Listen smart ass, i said that because i wanted to point out England's problems that they had against Pak to sort of put the Ashes in perspective. And even if i did say it in some other context then what does that have to do with Ajmal's action?

Just goes on to show how potentially **** England's team is which has no limits to its rock bottom and ended up losing to Pak. Suck it up bud!

Oh Edit: At least Pakistan has players who are actually born in Pakistan and not in South Africa or Scotland/Ireland...we can actually come up with a team from the homeland and beat your fruit punch!
:ph34r:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on Ajmal's action, a few members here are displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of the testing process. By (barely) being cleared once in laboratory conditions he's only proved he can bowl within the tolerance limits in laboratory conditions, it isn't a rubber stamping of his action in perpetuity. The fifteen degree limit was introduced because it's around the point where the elbow flexion becomes visible to the naked eye. Ergo if any action looks suspect it's usually because it is. Muralitharan, with his birth defect, may have been the one exception, but AFAIK Ajmal has nothing similar.

Alles klar? Sehr gut.

Sure no problems.. I am happy to get him tested again if his action is suspect

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be honest, its the other way around

The Pakistani batting is still pretty ****ty...they just made two changes..Yasir Hameed (who does not really have a record to boast of) and Mohammad Yousuf (the lone batsman to average over 50) to replace two underperforming players..

They have a wicket keeper who cant bat, cant field, cant catch

AND yet they won by 4 wickets in England, playing away from home. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

So you got your facts wrong there buddy.. 8-)
England played atrociously and you scraped home by 4 wickets. Same as Australia played atrociously with a freak situation and you scraped home by 3 wickets. These teams will beat you soundly the vast majority of the time because they're better than you. So a typical performance will result in those teams winning. Simple. That's how statistics work.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Oi yaar calm down, just won and your having a fight with a critic. Clever. Hum jeet gaya hai tho... Let them sort England out we just focus on next test, we win one test is big deal. Okay? Pakistan has won yes... Enjoy yes, but don't get worked up over rubbish that doesn't require any attention... If Ajmal is looked at then he is looked at, if he is banned we have Kaneria (:ph34r:). So? We should just be looking at the positives and negatives from the game and win this next one, I don't feel good if we lose this series 3-1, Pakistan needs some calm people to our Middle order- Maybe:

Butt
Hameed
Farhat
Yousuf
Umar Akmal
Ali
Kamran
Aamer
Ajmal
Gul/Debutant
Asif

It's easy as. Dont over complicate things. Pakistan needs a batting order. Not a dispute over an action.

slowfinger

International Debutant
England played atrociously and you scraped home by 4 wickets. Same as Australia played atrociously with a freak situation and you scraped home by 3 wickets. These teams will beat you soundly the vast majority of the time because they're better than you. So a typical performance will result in those teams winning. Simple. That's how statistics work.
Atrociously? Since when have you been a great test cricketer to talk about players like that?

Jacknife

International Captain
Very well played Pakistan, richly deserved victory.

Very possibly Strauss's worst game as captain for my money tho. Dropping Asif cost nearly 40 runs and, as others have already obsevred, this was quite possibly terminal in the final analysis. His field settings when Anderson had made the early breakthrough more belonged to the limited overs game too. Protecting the boundary is all well and groovy, but when defending <150 runs with two days' play remaining at the cost of easy singles it beggars belief.

Alles klar? Sehr gut.
I agree about Stauss,that drop is going to haunt him till the next match,but hopefully Stauss will come out and play a big innings next test like he always seems to do.
With the field placings don't you think they are decided to large degree before they come out to play ,between Andy Flower and Strauss.I think sometimes Strauss is not the best at thinking on his feet.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh::laugh: ok carry on..ignorance is bliss after all..you keep playing this atrociously and it will be 0-5 this summer in Australia..whether its your atrociousness or the opposition's brilliance is ultimately irrelevant.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
Players from 2-3 countries combinatorially beating 1 country doesn't mean much :ph34r:

[/joke]

Beleg

International Regular
are you a kid or something? crying mods is even more childish than screaming mum when someone happens to say something you don't like.

grow up.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
:laugh::laugh: ok carry on..ignorance is bliss after all..you keep playing this atrociously and it will be 0-5 this summer in Australia..whether its your atrociousness or the opposition's brilliance is ultimately irrelevant.
Very well put...... :lol:

In the end we won and you lost and that's what matters...

I am so praying YK comes to the side...and if he did so..we will win the next Test as well Inshallah..

chalky

International Debutant
Well done Pakistan as long as they can hold the odd catch and the batsmen show a bit of back bone theey will always be competative due to the strengh of their bowling.

Such an exciting side to watch especially in English conditions can't wait for the final test and hopefully some more 'home' tests in England.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Atrociously? Since when have you been a great test cricketer to talk about players like that?
Well if we're going to have standards like this, we might as well all stop posting, no?

"Well, yeah, Akmal dropped a ton of catches, but so would I, so I better not say anything about it."