• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Exciting finish. Wish he had've taken the tackle at the end instead of kicking. Might have been time for one more tackle.

Craig

World Traveller
What a turnaround by the Roosters in 2010. Last year they were a rabble, won only 5 games, they were getting flogged, and now with some major changes, they are in the GF.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not much interest in the finals now. It's going to be hard to watch. With the Coast out last night, I definitely wanted the Tigers to get through.

I really don't want the Dragons to win, but the Roosters are a mob of wankers. I'll probably side with the Dragons having Boyd and Costigan in their side.

Julian87

State Captain
Fitting that the best 2 teams in the comp (undoubtedly) will face off in the grand final. Been a while since that happened considering Melbourne were an illegal entity all this time.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Fitting that the best 2 teams in the comp (undoubtedly) will face off in the grand final.
Undoubtedly? Hardly. Dragons were consistent all year, but the Roosters were one of 5 odd teams to go through periods where they looked like world beaters, and other periods where they looked downright poor. They're playing very well now, and are undoubtedly peaking at the right time which is what this comp is about really, but clearly the second best team in the comp is a bit of a stretch. There was no clear second best team this year.

Unless you're talking about the lack of a team rorting the salary cap in the finals which always screws with things.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey Burge, what did you think of the decision to sack Daniel Anderson?
Think he was harshly dealt with tbh, though if you look at it from the club's POV, they would be thinking they had a better squad than last year and they missed the finals.

The thing is, of course, they were lucky to make the finals last year. They really weren't THAT much better last year than this year. So from that perspective it would seem Anderson really has struggled to get the best out of the players.

Speaking to one player from the club mid way through the season, he told me "Ando just makes it so complicated" or worrd to that effect.

But then again, the player in question is a dumb ****.

As for the GF, I really don't mind who wins. The Dragons are long over due though I have no love for them. The Roosters are traditionally toss pots but I will be thrilled for Brian Smith if they can win.

Guess i'll go for the Roosters, and FWIW I shall tip them too.

Julian87

State Captain
Undoubtedly? Hardly. Dragons were consistent all year, but the Roosters were one of 5 odd teams to go through periods where they looked like world beaters, and other periods where they looked downright poor. They're playing very well now, and are undoubtedly peaking at the right time which is what this comp is about really, but clearly the second best team in the comp is a bit of a stretch. There was no clear second best team this year.

Unless you're talking about the lack of a team rorting the salary cap in the finals which always screws with things.
No I'm talking about them being clearly better than the other 14 teams. They were poor at times because they came off the spoon. Considering it's not a first past the post system, you don't play every team twice and some teams played a cheating team more than others I couldn't care less if you finished 2nd or 6th.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
No I'm talking about them being clearly better than the other 14 teams. They were poor at times because they came off the spoon. Considering it's not a first past the post system, you don't play every team twice and some teams played a cheating team more than others I couldn't care less if you finished 2nd or 6th.
Like how they lost to the Sharks twice? How about the Cowboys? Or maybe the Bulldogs?

Who cares why they were poor at times. The fact is that they were rubbish at times and that leaves them less than "clearly" the second best team in the comp over the year. Probably on par with Titans, Panthers and Tigers for that honor.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even though the two teams left in the Grand Final interest me none and I really hope both teams lose, at least there will be final result on the day.

What a joke the AFL situation is where a thousand other sports have to swap and change things around just because the AFL can't play an extra 10 minutes.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
If you can't admit that they're a much better team than those three then fmd.
Convincing argument. All three teams beat them this year. I think their last few weeks is clouding your judgement of them tbh.

Take nothing away from them. They're peaking at the right time, and deserve to be where they are right now.

Agree with Kyle ftr.

Craig

World Traveller
Even though the two teams left in the Grand Final interest me none and I really hope both teams lose, at least there will be final result on the day.

What a joke the AFL situation is where a thousand other sports have to swap and change things around just because the AFL can't play an extra 10 minutes.
Funnily enough I read today that if Henjak gets the sack by Brisbane, then Ricky Stuart will take over as coach.

:unsure: