• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was at the woosters titans game tonight...decent atmosphere but was amazed by the number of walkouts with 10 minutes to go...ftr this is my first league game in about 10 years where I've actually gone to the game, was good fun and all but i spent most of the time just catching up with my mates then actually watching the game...was pretty lacklustre spectacle all in all tbh. COurse this is all from my perspective, but yeah, found it quite meh tonight.
It's because the Titans are like the Gold Coast itself.. Perfectly nice, but not exactly overflowing with passion and atmosphere.

Last edited:

Julian87

State Captain
Whilst I get agree that the Benji hype is somewhat over the top, I honestly couldn't think of a "star" in the NRL who they should be hyping up less (if that makes sense?). From all i've ever noticed, he actually comes across as a reasonably humble/genuinely good guy. Quite unlike the likes of Thurston/Hayne/Slater etc. who seemingly have no redeeming features about them other than the fact that they're quite good rugby league players imo.
Is this a serious post? Benji comes across as the most up himself **** in the game tbh. Thinks he's a movie star.

Julian87

State Captain
Even being on the losing end I thought the Panthers/Raiders game was a fantastic game of footy.
Tigers v Raiders was a cracker as well tbh. Especially considering Canberra turned up with the nerves and then lifted when their best player was seriously injured.

howardj

International Coach
Tigers v Raiders was close, and was exciting in that sense.

However, in my opinion, I don't think the game itself reached any great heights, particularly the softness of some of the tries.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's because the Titans are like the Gold Coast itself.. Perfectly nice, but not exactly overflowing with passion and atmosphere.
Was actually surprised at the amount of local support (jerseys in shop windows etc) that the Titans were getting when I was on the Coast recently

Anyway, could possibly be a reflection of the Roosters as well - unless things have changed markedly, no-one has really given a **** about them since Artie Beetson's days and most of their club games are like a morgue

Craig

World Traveller
Was actually surprised at the amount of local support (jerseys in shop windows etc) that the Titans were getting when I was on the Coast recently

Anyway, could possibly be a reflection of the Roosters as well - unless things have changed markedly, no-one has really given a **** about them since Artie Beetson's days and most of their club games are like a morgue
If the Gold Coast Suns really start to take off, you can bet people will jump on their bandwagon as well.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Tigers looking good early doors. No way through for the Dragoons.

EDIT. FFS. Saints fans should give me a medal.