• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Craig

World Traveller
Titans vs Warriors
Tigers vs Roosters
Panthers vs Raiders
Dragons vs Sea Eagles

On a different note, what do people think of Todd Carney getting the Dally M Medal last night? Either way, it's been one hell of a comeback for him, so you have to give him credit for that.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On a different note, what do people think of Todd Carney getting the Dally M Medal last night? Either way, it's been one hell of a comeback for him, so you have to give him credit for that.
Good on him I say. Was critical of him when he was being a tool and getting in trouble, but full credit to him for putting it back together this year and playing some quality football. Hope he continues to stay on the straight and narrow and play well.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Titans vs Warriors - but FMD there are going to be some sore and sorry Titans boys come the next day.
Tigers vs Roosters - Tiges my second faves, but they deserve to lose for switching their home semi to their opponent's home ground. And I would love to see Brian Smith win a comp.
Panthers vs Raiders - this could be 48-48 and golden point to decide it
Dragons vs Sea Eagles - sincerely hoping the Dragons put a thousand on Manly. General hatred there always, but fmd they have been so ill-disciplined this year. Shocks me from a Hasler-coached side tbh.

Julian87

State Captain
Good on him I say. Was critical of him when he was being a tool and getting in trouble, but full credit to him for putting it back together this year and playing some quality football. Hope he continues to stay on the straight and narrow and play well.
Yeah good on someone with more natural talent than anyone else in the game 'making good' of his 37th chance while getting paid 300k a year.

Son Of Coco

Yeah good on someone with more natural talent than anyone else in the game 'making good' of his 37th chance while getting paid 300k a year.
Well, it could've been worse...

Don't buy it's all down to natural talent either, doesn't mean much if he doesn't put in the work. He has this year and deserves the rewards. If he ****s it up then he's a bigger idiot than I thought he was, which is a tough ask.

Last edited:

Julian87

State Captain
Well, it could've been worse...

Don't buy it's all down to natural talent either, doesn't mean much if he doesn't put in the work. He has this year and deserves the rewards. If he ****s it up then he's a bigger idiot than I thought he was, which is a tough ask.
Of course it's down to natural talent he's a ****ing five-eighth. He is a ****ing brilliant rugby league half and that's due to natural talent. His speed, acceleration, kicking, step and vision are his attributes. They really can't be coached (and haven't improved that much since 2007 IMO). He's just playing in a better side with an actual halfback.

Son Of Coco

Of course it's down to natural talent he's a ****ing five-eighth. He is a ****ing brilliant rugby league half and that's due to natural talent. His speed, acceleration, kicking, step and vision are his attributes. They really can't be coached (and haven't improved that much since 2007 IMO). He's just playing in a better side with an actual halfback.
So he just turns up every week and plays well? Doesn't put in any effort at training?

Don't buy it mate.

Carney has natural talent, but if he didn't work hard it'd all be for nothing. As he's proven in the past.

Julian87

State Captain
So he just turns up every week and plays well? Doesn't put in any effort at training?

Don't buy it mate.

Carney has natural talent, but if he didn't work hard it'd all be for nothing. As he's proven in the past.
So he hasn't been caught out on the drink.

But it actually comes down to trying harder now than he used to?

I'm starting to think that half the population of NRL fans never actually saw Carney play before this season.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm starting to think that half the population of NRL fans never actually saw Carney play before this season.
Carney's story isn't impressive because he's playing good footy. Everyone know's he's a great player or at least has the makings of one. What's great about the story is that it looks like he's off the grog which is a challenge in and of itself.

It's all well and good to get all narky about his salary and how many chances he's been given. But more money doesn't solve problems like an inability to cope with alcohol, and how many chances he's needed to get it right should illustrate how difficult the problem was for him.

He's a filthy chook, but I wish him the best all the same. Just don't want him to win a premiership.

Craig

World Traveller
Carney's story isn't impressive because he's playing good footy. Everyone know's he's a great player or at least has the makings of one. What's great about the story is that it looks like he's off the grog which is a challenge in and of itself.

It's all well and good to get all narky about his salary and how many chances he's been given. But more money doesn't solve problems like an inability to cope with alcohol, and how many chances he's needed to get it right should illustrate how difficult the problem was for him.

He's a filthy chook, but I wish him the best all the same. Just don't want him to win a premiership.
You know I think it's somewhat ironic that Carney has kept his nose clean, and this happened:

Roosters rookies defecate in hotel - Toyota Cup - Fox Sports

Son Of Coco

So he hasn't been caught out on the drink.

But it actually comes down to trying harder now than he used to?

I didn't say he was trying harder mate.

Craig

World Traveller
Just got back from the Titans and Warriors match. I swear it felt the game was played at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland, given that half oft he 27k crowd were supporting the Warriors. And it's good to see the Titans cheerleaders have been keeping the spray tan industry alive :ph34r:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Just got back from the Titans and Warriors match. I swear it felt the game was played at Mt Smart Stadium in Auckland, given that half oft he 27k crowd were supporting the Warriors.
Yeah I felt the same way after we played them at CUA. Warriors have fantastic away support, probably due to the amount of Kiwi's we ship over :ph34r:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Warriors were never going to beat the Titans - I tipped them anyway out of loyalty to the team. Hopefully they will get another crack at it next week.