• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Echo the posts above, awesome night of NRL, that Roosters vs Tigers game was one of the best matches I've ever watched.

I found myself going for the Tigers for the first 80 minutes, but during Extra Time I wanted the Roosters to win.

Sheens made a few odd decisions, was it really the time to blood a guy on debut, I think not. Also, leaving Fifita off the field for 72 minutes was puzzling since he's been great the last half of the season. I know finals footy is a step up, but he should have been given an opportunity earlier.

Pleased that the Raiders won, but gotta feel sorry for the Warriors. Crazy the contrasting positions that the Titans and Warriors are now in after the Titans win.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Disappointed two Sydney teams didn't go out in the first week, but at least one will in the Roosters v Penrith match next week, and hopefully the Raiders can do the depleted Tigers on Friday night.

howardj

International Coach
According to my Phillip Street spies....

The St George prelim final (I think against the winner of Tigers v Raiders) is on Saturday night Sept 25

While the Titans prelim final (I think against the winner of Roosters v Penriff) is on Friday night Sept 24

Sandwiched in between is a possible Saints v Cats GF rematch!

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
we can have a Titans v Canberra final.
Funny, I think this is actually closer than you would think. Raiders at home fired up against the Tigers, where a win would put them up against their choking easy beats the Dragons. Whoever wins out of us and the chooks will have a hard time against the Titans at Suncorp. Funny thing this McIntyre business.

howardj

International Coach
I love the SFS as a venue.

It always seems like a great atmosphere on TV, and for whatever reason, it invariably produces cracking matches.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I love the SFS as a venue.

It always seems like a great atmosphere on TV, and for whatever reason, it invariably produces cracking matches.
Yeah I like it too. Best ground for watching league in Sydney imo, thought tbf never been to Leichardt. Shame there's not a similar stadium at Homebush tbh.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Upon reflection the thing I'm probably most devo about would be that it was a Flash Gordon missed conversion (albiet hitting the post from the sideline) that lost us the match last week. Devo tbh.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll get the first round of tips counted tonight. Till then here are this weeks games. Keep in mind these games are worth 2 points each.

Raiders vs Tigers.
Roosters vs Panthers

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh God, MRL classic 1998, Parra v Norths.

Whatever it is, when Jason Bell and David Penna are your halves, it ain't a classic.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry for the delay folks. It's been that sort of week. Here are the results for the first week of the finals.

Ausage 3.1
Julian 3.1
morgieb 3.1
Burgey 3.1
Brumby 2
Alternative 2
Craig 2
Ripper 2
Mister Wright 2
Hirricane 1

No one scores a perfect round although Julian missed by 4 points and mogieb and I missed by 2. Hurricane's loyalty costs him dearly as he props up the table at this early stage.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry for the delay folks. It's been that sort of week. Here are the results for the first week of the finals.

Ausage 3.1
Julian 3.1
morgieb 3.1
Brumby 2
Alternative 2
Craig 2
Ripper 2
Mister Wright 2
Hirricane 1

No one scores a perfect round although Julian missed by 4 points and mogieb and I missed by 2. Hurricane's loyalty costs him dearly as he props up the table at this early stage.
WACz

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/2314832-post1728.html