• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Craig

World Traveller
Round 26

Friday September 3
Broncos vs Raiders
Titans vs Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Roosters
Panthers vs Sharks

Sunday September 5
Storm vs Knights
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Dragons vs Rabbitohs

To make Burgey's day is the news that Carl Webb has signed for Parramatta, and Rene Maitua will decide between Parramatta, Wests Tigers, and the Melbourne Storm.

ripper868

International Coach
Friday September 3
Broncos vs Raiders
Titans vs Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Roosters
Panthers vs Sharks

Sunday September 5
Storm vs Knights
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Dragons vs Rabbitohs

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday September 3
Broncos vs Raiders
Titans vs Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Roosters
Panthers vs Sharks

Sunday September 5
Storm vs Knights
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Dragons vs Rabbitohs

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Friday September 3
Broncos vs Raiders
Titans vs Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Roosters
Panthers vs Sharks

Sunday September 5
Storm vs Knights
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Dragons vs Rabbitohs

Burgey

Friday September 3
Broncos vs Raiders
Titans vs Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Roosters
Panthers vs Sharks

Sunday September 5
Storm vs Knights
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Dragons vs Rabbitohs

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Friday September 3
Raiders
Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels
Roosters
Panthers

Sunday September 5
Storm
Sea Eagles
Dragons

ripper868

International Coach
Friday September 3
Broncos vs Raiders
Titans vs Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Roosters
Panthers vs Sharks

Sunday September 5
Storm vs Knights
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Dragons vs Rabbitohs
Changing to Tigers:
Broncos vs Raiders
Titans vs Wests Tigers

Saturday September 4
Eels vs Warriors
Cowboys vs Roosters
Panthers vs Sharks

Sunday September 5
Storm vs Knights
Sea Eagles vs Bulldogs
Dragons vs Rabbitohs

Burgey

Haha, we're ****ed. **** off Mateo, **** off Inu.

How don't you make the eight with that side? **** off Anderson too.

And yay, we've got a drug cheat coming next year and a forward who's fatter than Piggy Riddell and plays 5 games a year, 3 of them at half rat power.

****s.

Craig

World Traveller

And yay, we've got a drug cheat coming next year and a forward who's fatter than Piggy Riddell and plays 5 games a year, 3 of them at half rat power.

****s.
Being able to hold the ball counts as well. Nice to Cayless go out with a try, although I think the Warriors will finish 5th as the Cowboys will surely roll over and get their belly's tickled (to quoted Brumby) by the Roosters.

Craig

World Traveller
Frank Pritchard get's a hat-trick? :blink: FMD, the Sharks really must be dire.

It looks like it will be the Warriors who finish 5th and will play the Titans, which will mean a sell-out at Skilled Park, given that half the GC population is Kiwi, or of Kiwi descent. The Tigers should play the Roosters.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Frank Pritchard get's a hat-trick? :blink: FMD, the Sharks really must be dire.
Nah Franky just does that now and again. He decides it's time to belt a team back to the stone age. He'd be the best player in the comp if he did that every week.

The Sharkies were pretty average, particularly in the first half but we were damn near unstoppable tonight. We're a far better side at home, and I think we'll be hard to stop again next week whoever we play. One week at a time but I'm hoping we'll be straight into a prelim final.

Absolutely stoked with how this year has panned out so far. Even if we don't win it (though I'll likely not respond well at the time :laugh:) the growth of players like McKendry, Grant, Walsh, Gordon and even the workmanlike Smith has made this year an enormously positive one. A gruelling finals campaign for this team will give them the big game experience to top off the talent, and as we are keeping the bulk of this side together I think we're every chance of winning the big one sometime in the next few years. Disappointed that we're losing Pritchard and particularly Graham who's going to be a fantastic player imo but that's the NRL for you. We could really use a wide running damaging backrower to complete the puzzle, Burgey I'd take Mateo in a heartbeat.

I'm still only half sold on Elliott. This year has been great but our season was going down the tube there for a while and he still persisted with Purtell who was letting in several tries per game. Even tonight one of the Sharks tries came from terrible defense down his wing, and the guy tackles like a cheerleader. It will be interesting to see if he gets dropped when Coote comes back.

Also I've said it before I reckon this has been a really strong season for the NRL. I think people are mistaking an even competition for poor quality.

Julian87

State Captain

****s.
You don't make the 8 because you've got the worst collective of halves and dummy halves ever to grace a first grade rugby league competition in Australia.

Meanwhile you let one of the best 5 hookers in the country slide off to Penrith this year. You're letting a lazy, skillful backrower (who should be playing five-eighth for Parra) move to the Warriors. And you're letting the bloke who is the best of the lot (halves and dummy halves considering he covers both spots) move to the Dogs next year where he'll be a lot closer to a premiership than he ever has or would've been with Parramatta.

Oh. But your marquee halfback's last name is a famous one so you'll be right... **** it is funny that this time last year people (Parra fans) wanted Mortimer fitted for his Origin 2010 jersey. Not even first grade standard and I doubt he ever will be. Would have been better off debuting Albert Kelly over him last year tbh.

morgieb

Kingston leaving wasn't really Parra's fault, tbh. By the time he came good Parra couldn't afford him. Good else otherwise, though.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Matai lucky to be there to score that try. Will get a holiday for this season and some of next though I'd imagine.

Craig

World Traveller
According to bookies, they believe anybody can win the competition, with the exception of the Warriors, Panthers, and the Raiders.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 26

Burgey 7
Ausage 6
Brumby 6
ripper 6
Craig 6
alternative 5
morgieb 5
Mister Wright 5
vic_orthdox 5

Final week of the tipping comp and the title was up for grabs. Burgey scored strongest only missing the Sea Eagles direness at the hands of the Mange.

Ausage 109.5
Mister Wright 108.9
ripper 108.4
alternative 107.5
Craig 106.5
Burgey 106.6
Brumby 105.5
morgieb 102.3
vic_orthdox 99.3

And the winner is ME, the guy running the thing, in a tight result that Ryan Tandy and the Pakistan Cricket Team absolutely DID NOT have a hand in (:ph34r:). Tipping against the Eels and Broncos was the key to me getting up in the final week, but we would have had a drawn result if ripper stuck with the Titans. Kyle also battled gamely but fell short by the Corey Parker conversion that hit the upright on Friday night.

I'd like to give everyone a hand for playing this year, but particularly the 8 troopers who stuck it out to the end. :wub: You're all G's imo :notworthy

Now only the finals left to go :)