• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well if we've found ourselves two bats here in Watling and Brownlie then this tour has some upside to it.

I always felt that you just need 4 consistent performers in your side to be able to score 300 plus

So maybe those 4 can be
baz
taylor
watling
Brownlie

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
You need those four to be able to convert to 100s when they get going for that to work though, which Baz is proven to be incapable of and Watling and Brownlie unproven in that regard with a handful of 50s each. There is hope though, that's mostly just because they've run out of partners.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well if we've found ourselves two bats here in Watling and Brownlie then this tour has some upside to it.

I always felt that you just need 4 consistent performers in your side to be able to score 300 plus

So maybe those 4 can be
baz
taylor
watling
Brownlie
Some jinx

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Damn, Brownlie :( he fought really well though. In my mind before this series started Brownlie, Watling and Flynn felt like the weak links (I even thought Guptill would turn it around this series...). Turns out it's the others (incl. Flynn).

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Oh god Munro reaching outside off

Does this guy think there's a three strikes rule? That's three balls in a row he should've left... Mehs. Off the mark.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You need those four to be able to convert to 100s when they get going for that to work though, which Baz is proven to be incapable of and Watling and Brownlie unproven in that regard with a handful of 50s each. There is hope though, that's mostly just because they've run out of partners.
Indeed whoever out of the 4 of them gets a start needs to turn it into a big one.