• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

vandem

International 12th Man
Absolutely nothing... Zilch. There were some balls that hit the stickers but otherwise nothing alarming this session.

That said their spinners know how to get every little purchase out of it.
That said the Indian spinners didn't rip through the NZ lower order yesterday. Blundell 94 balls, Jamieson 75 balls, Somerville 52 balls.

A warmup game for Ajaz would have helped. T20I games then net sessions aren't the best pre-test buildup for a spinner. In comparison, Ashwin came into 1st test in Wellington in 2020 having bowled 37.5 overs and then 15.2 overs in warmup games for India A and India vs NZ A.

Meridio

International Regular
Such a poor session, and a bit mystifying. Why on Earth would you start with Rachin first up? And keep him on for a number of overs? And then when you finally get the breakthrough, have nobody catching around the bat? We just allowed Saha to settle in with no pressure on him. Need to wrap this up for <30 more to give us any chance, though watch as India's spinners come on and it suddenly looks like a minefield.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Sigh, a match like this almost makes me miss the old days when Nz would capitulate after 1 or 2 good sessions. My heart can’t take the constant tugs of hope.

If Southee gets a 10fer and hits the winning runs in this game, I don’t care what anyone says he’ll be in my NZ all time XI forever more.

thierry henry

International Coach
Southee definitely been immense. KJ has been good but it has more to do with his natural attributes being good in most places, whereas Southee's performance, I feel, was so good coz he looks like someone who can figure out how to get wickets on whatever tracks he gets to play in. Definitely Anderson in 2012 vibes with him here.
KJ only good at cricket because of his corporeal presence, what a fake

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
That said the Indian spinners didn't rip through the NZ lower order yesterday. Blundell 94 balls, Jamieson 75 balls, Somerville 52 balls.

A warmup game for Ajaz would have helped. T20I games then net sessions aren't the best pre-test buildup for a spinner. In comparison, Ashwin came into 1st test in Wellington in 2020 having bowled 37.5 overs and then 15.2 overs in warmup games for India A and India vs NZ A.
That's true looking back of at all some of our guys played a shot or two in anger maybe we could have got a bit more on the board and we'd not be sweating now.

Moss

Brilliant test for sure, lots of momentum shifts and plenty of terrific individual efforts to savour. Been quite exasperating though if you’re closely invested ( both from a NZ and India perspective).

India will quite likely take the spoils but I wouldn’t want to be Dravid/Kohli when deciding the batting lineup for the next test - guessing Gill will be the fall guy and Pujara to open when Kohli returns.

nzfan

Sigh, a match like this almost makes me miss the old days when Nz would capitulate after 1 or 2 good sessions. My heart can’t take the constant tugs of hope.

If Southee gets a 10fer and hits the winning runs in this game, I don’t care what anyone says he’ll be in my NZ all time XI forever more.
And they just don't cave in, they keep on fighting and get it closer and closer. I don't know how my heart has survived the two one day world cups, wtc and that pakistan test series. They have damaged many hearts.

Just lose or win hands down is something they can't embrace