• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bharat's had more highlights packages and commentator praise than anyone I've ever seen who's not in a playing XI.
Its incredibly OTT. He was fine but he also dropped a catch , fumbled 3-4 times and they've been pretending since yesterday that he's been Healy on steroids. Very confusing.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
We've started with Kyle and Southee, now you see the runs have still leaked. Now I'm expecting commentators to take a u turn and say there should have been spin from one end and pace from the other.

Flem274*

123/5
I think its been pretty easy between the 60th to 80th overs. Both tails have lasted a while, wheras the middle orders have seen many shoot low earlier in the balls lifespan.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We've started with Kyle and Southee, now you see the runs have still leaked. Now I'm expecting commentators to take a u turn and say there should have been spin from one end and pace from the other.
To be fair, they have not said that. And its a lot easier to attack at 83/5 than now with those two bowling. Also, the swing gets lesser as the day goes on. Right now KJ has been getting no movement off the straight. Southee still finding some shape, although most of it maybe angles he is creating through slightly varying his release points from the crease.

Bijed

International Regular
Still though. We're leaving out Neil Wagner. To play Will Somerville. It just doesn't make sense.
One of the many advantages of Wagner is that he actually fulfils some of the criteria that could lead to you opting for a spinner anyway, in that he can bowl long spells if needed and his style (and left-arm-ness) means he provides a point of difference from other pace bowlers. It's not like us taking Anderson, Broad and Woakes to the SC where any one or two of them indivually would be fine to pick, but all three together is probably asking for trouble