• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

pomnotenglish

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Bowled very tidy, good lines and length for sure but barring maybe one or two balls I didn't see Ravindra getting prodigious variable bounce or turn. I think the pitch is still flat and we've bowled really well.
You are very optimistic, I think. Of course, we can always differ in our thoughts. I will respectfully continue to differ from you. As I write this the lead is of 216 runs, Iyer gone but I don't see NZ coming back into this match. Hope I will be proven wrong. Irrespective of the result of this match, my feelings/ takeaways from this match are:
1. KW seems to be at sea captaining spinners
2. NZ spinners were very ordinary compared to Indian spinners. ( Nothing surprising there but expected more from them in helpful conditions)

P.S. Highest successful run chase on this ground - 164

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Bowl pace bowler.

Get wicket.

Like I said, yes it's fair to play a spinner. No, we should not be playing 2 if that means leaving out someone like Neil Wagner.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
34 overs in the day. Say 30 with bad light. Could score another 100 runs. If they declare and want a bowl tonight might score 70 or 80.

290 off 95 overs?

Flem274*

123/5
Ajaz is better than this (usually quite accurate) but Somerville has looked ominously fine yet wicketless.

Wagner gotta play.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
We’ve taken some very jammy wickets tbf

Pitch doing nothing?
Absolutely nothing... Zilch. There were some balls that hit the stickers but otherwise nothing alarming this session.

That said their spinners know how to get every little purchase out of it.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Ajaz is better than this (usually quite accurate) but Somerville has looked ominously fine yet wicketless.

Wagner gotta play.
There is certainly some element of lack of match practice coming into it.

And India, barring Rahane, are excellent players of spin (unlike say Pakistan who can lollapse against even mediocre spinners if a bit of pressure is applied).

Still though. We're leaving out Neil Wagner. To play Will Somerville. It just doesn't make sense.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And India, barring Rahane, are excellent players of spin (unlike say Pakistan who can lollapse against even mediocre spinners if a bit of pressure is applied).
We collapse against spin regularly. But are usually bailed out by Rohit or Pant. Or one of the bowling all rounders.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
You are very optimistic, I think. Of course, we can always differ in our thoughts. I will respectfully continue to differ from you. As I write this the lead is of 216 runs, Iyer gone but I don't see NZ coming back into this match. Hope I will be proven wrong. Irrespective of the result of this match, my feelings/ takeaways from this match are:
1. KW seems to be at sea captaining spinners
2. NZ spinners were very ordinary compared to Indian spinners. ( Nothing surprising there but expected more from them in helpful conditions)
Maybe I'm more than optimistic. I don't think we have a chance now but I can't put past Kane and Ross to somehow get closer. There's always a ray of hope as long as these two are in the side.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Southee definitely been immense. KJ has been good but it has more to do with his natural attributes being good in most places, whereas Southee's performance, I feel, was so good coz he looks like someone who can figure out how to get wickets on whatever tracks he gets to play in. Definitely Anderson in 2012 vibes with him here.