• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2016

longranger

U19 Cricketer
I don't like the look of this Indian middle order. While Jadhav and Axar both batted decently, they are not first XI material. Also Dhoni - what the hell? That was an awful innings even by his start-slow-and-explode-later standards. He had so many dot balls and they ended up costing India dear. If Pandya wasn't given that RRR of 7, he would have played quite differently.

If I'm Kohli, I'd just be pissed. Can't even chase down 240 odd without him. The Indian batting unit needs to pull up their socks.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't like the look of this Indian middle order. While Jadhav and Axar both batted decently, they are not first XI material. Also Dhoni - what the hell? That was an awful innings even by his start-slow-and-explode-later standards. He had so many dot balls and they ended up costing India dear..
Dhoni's almost always batted that way to start with, which means when he does get dismissed, there's huge RRR pressure on those coming further down. We always hear about those occasions when he has come off at the very end having left it until the last minute, but it's easy to forget when he fails, there's usually too much to do for those coming later. The WC semi vs. Aust is no better example. I'm still not sure what he was up to in that crucial game.

OverratedSanity

Dhoni's almost always batted that way to start with, which means when he does get dismissed, there's huge RRR pressure on those coming further down. We always hear about those occasions when he has come off at the very end having left it until the last minute, but it's easy to forget when he fails, there's usually too much to do for those coming later. The WC semi vs. Aust is no better example. I'm still not sure what he was up to in that crucial game.
It's only getting attention now because he's not seeing it through to the end. The approach never used to hurt the team before because he'd get the job done virtually every single time.

Zinzan

He got the job done very often and is a legendary chaser, but 'virtually every single time' is pushing it. Evem off the top of my head, India lost 4-0 in NZ in 2014 and they chased every time IIRC, and obviously he never got them home once there.

BeeGee

International Captain
Genuinely thought he was in the squad for his batting? Weird selection.
It'll be one of those weird Hesson theories that his bowling will work well in the SC, or some other bollocks.

It's a NZ selection tradition to pick players who are very average at many things, over players that are good at only one thing.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I like the way Doull was non-facetiously urging consistency of selection with New Zealand's call at the toss. Don't get out of sync and let you call of heads or tails become purely random, because your chance of winning could drop below 50%.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I like the way Doull was non-facetiously urging consistency of selection with New Zealand's call at the toss. Don't get out of sync and let you call of heads or tails become purely random, because your chance of winning could drop below 50%.
When was that, coz I remember him saying the same thing during the test series. Someone should explain to him how coin tosses work.

Zinzan

Lol, yup I recall thinking that at the time. Simon can't have done introduction to statistics when he was 13.

91Jmay

International Coach
Was he making some nonsense psychological point about consistency or was he just being breathtakingly stupid?

vcs

Doull sounds like the kind of guy who'd carry a bomb into a plane thinking "what are the odds of the plane having two guys with bombs on them?"