• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

smash84

The Tiger King
It was actually pretty important that Dhoni made a few runs in this innings; a quick 50 would've been really valuable. India were still behind. Exactly why he failed IMO. :p
:laugh:

But Dhoni used to be a pretty good player under pressure in the early part of his career. In fact that was what had set him apart initially. He would thrive under pressure. Now it seems he just wants to run away from pressure situations. Don't know what has happened to him now.

Maybe too much attention to commercial activities and less attention on the fields. I heard he is now making more than Shahrukh Khan through his media contracts.

thierry henry

International Coach
Would just be interested to hear your thoughts on Vettori atm.
Well tbh I didn't see the Dhoni dismissal, the other 3 were massive wtf shots.

Vettori can be decent at times in the first innings of a game (usually bowling accurately, and slowly but surely picking up wickets when batsman either miss straight breaks or try to slog him).

If we can get ourselves in a position where India have to chase a total, will he bowl us to victory? No no no no no.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But Dhoni used to be a pretty good player under pressure in the early part of his career. In fact that was what had set him apart initially.
In Tests? Disagree entirely.

He's basically played one meaningful Test innings in his whole career, and it was the most hilariously reckless match-savings innings you'll ever have the displeasure of watching.

thierry henry

International Coach
tbh I can see India piling on a 100 lead here and us collapsing in the 3rd innings anyway.

The other thing that might happen is we set India about 240 or so, which should always be a challenging 4th innings target, and they win by 6 or 7 wickets and we all go "meh"

smash84

The Tiger King
In Tests? Disagree entirely.

He's basically played one meaningful Test innings in his whole career, and it was the most hilariously reckless match-savings innings you'll ever have the displeasure of watching.
Which one was it? Against Pakistan?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Somewhere in between at this stage IMO, but his batting has developed to Test standard an un-naturally early stage of his career. His bowling will probably just take a bit of time to catch up. There's definitely a lot to work with IMO.

Either way, saying Patel's a better bowler isn't really a questionable call.. I think everyone knew that already.
If you are saying that his bowling is not test standard then I think I agree with this. And if I had've known people would have agreed with me - I would have posted this to begin with instead of making a "safe" comment.

I am dissapointed with Williamson's skill as a bowler - but his batting more than makes up for this.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well tbh I didn't see the Dhoni dismissal, the other 3 were massive wtf shots.

Vettori can be decent at times in the first innings of a game (usually bowling accurately, and slowly but surely picking up wickets when batsman either miss straight breaks or try to slog him).

If we can get ourselves in a position where India have to chase a total, will he bowl us to victory? No no no no no.
Vettori for reasons only known to him loses his confidence in the 2nd inning. He starts to bowl very defensively and takes himself off quickly.