• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow. So many questions. How did Athlai get that photo? Does she know it's on the net? Does she know it's Athlai's avatar?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
In the first test when it was 15/5 i'd just about dotted the i's and crossed the t's in an email to the moderators requesting the immediate cancelation of my account!! :laugh: , i have to admit though NZ have done better than i expected, but i don't know whether it was down to India's bowlers having a poor game or NZ playing above themselves as it's been a different story in this second test thus far, regardless though it's just good to see it's been compititive, both NZ and Pak have put up a fight in their respective tests at least!!, lord knows what awaits our lads on Monday :ph34r: .

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wow. So many questions. How did Athlai get that photo? Does she know it's on the net? Does she know it's Athlai's avatar?
It got leaked on CricSim. One of the members dug around on Facebook. She knows it's on the net; she doesn't know it's Athlai's avatar though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Probably best to prevent her knowing that :ph34r:

Meanwhile Athlai's actions are potentially in breach of many laws :laugh:

Athlai

Not Terrible
In the first test when it was 15/5 i'd just about dotted the i's and crossed the t's in an email to the moderators requesting the immediate cancelation of my account!! :laugh: , i have to admit though NZ have done better than i expected, but i don't know whether it was down to India's bowlers having a poor game or NZ playing above themselves as it's been a different story in this second test thus far, regardless though it's just good to see it's been compititive, both NZ and Pak have put up a fight in their respective tests at least!!, lord knows what awaits our lads on Monday :ph34r: .
Now how can we lord this over your head when you humbly admit you were wrong! Fair enough mate, good to see you here.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
McIntosh scores a century and Guptill gets runs. Regardless of whether they've played well, India must be bowling tripe or the pitch is very flat.
I don't see why there has to be another reason apart from them playing well, which they really did. Maybe they're just better players than you think they are.

I'm not quite sure why you see Guptill as such a laughing stock - he's always looked very talented and classy, and I don't think it's surprising at all that he put together a decent knock against good opposition. More often than not his dismissals have been him getting himself out rather than being outclassed by good bowling.

And McIntosh is incredible once he's got his eye in. It can be a nervous first 80 balls, but once he gets through those, regardless of the pitch or quality of bowling, he's away.

DingDong

State Captain
u have to wonder why people like arnel were picked over patel if the results are going to be the same. patel got the best indian batsmen out, can't see arnel doing the same...

SilentOne

U19 12th Man
Well Arnel is bowling a very tight consistent line, Patel usually goes at over 6 an over.

Regardless of the wickets Patel got in the first test I know which bowler I'd prefer.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Patel hasn't actually went over at 6 an over besides when he had to bowl on the first day against Sehwag...

But anyway! McIntosh actually looked good from about ball 30-40 IMO, looked like he was going to stay there a long time. Didn't want to jinx him though.

Hope Southee can pick up another wicket or two in the first few overs of the day.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Now how can we lord this over your head when you humbly admit you were wrong! Fair enough mate, good to see you here.
Well with our lot starting a series on Monday it wouldn't be wise to start mouthing off now would it? :laugh:

But yes the batting order in particular looks a lot better than i thought, although NZ have been facing a lot of spin lately so it will be interesting to see how they cope with a side more reliant on seamers on a quick track, i have reservations over the bowling though!!, Patel doesn't help himself and Martin can't go on forever.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well with our lot starting a series on Monday it wouldn't be wise to start mouthing off now would it? :laugh:

But yes the batting order in particular looks a lot better than i thought, although NZ have been facing a lot of spin lately so it will be interesting to see how they cope with a side more reliant on seamers on a quick track, i have reservations over the bowling though!!, Patel doesn't help himself and Martin can't go on forever.
Yeah the bowling isn't looking too **** hot, Southee is a little unlucky to not have another wicket to his name after a good first spell in swinging conditions but beyond that we haven't looked too threatening. Professional and restricting but not threatening.

Most of the boys prefer pace to spin, though Ryder has turned himself into a huge batsman against India. Hope to see him continue against other teams.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Here's hoping we can snaffle a couple of wickets this morning and then keep the runs down until the second new ball arrives.

If our pacemen bowl well again with the new ball and we get a bit of luck, we could maybe get India out for less than 400 or 450.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Look, I know we've been spoiled with good quality wicketkeepers for most of the last 25 years (Smith, Parore and McCullum), but Hopkins isn't even a Tony Blain or Robbie Hart to me :(

SilentOne

U19 12th Man
Yeah surely Hopkins isn't a long term option? I'd rather we bring somebody in young and mold him into our next keeper. Not Watling, but somebody like Joe Austin-Smellie or Derek de Boorder.