• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wagner to Trott, no run, whoa! This one is on a length wide outside off, but it doesn't bounce at all after hitting the deck, goes low to the keeper after bouncing once behind the stumps

Oh man, ****'s going down

I'm in the library and jealous, ftr
Also in the library but not jealous. Errybody peerin at ma screen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Root's made batting look easier than any other batsman in the test so far imo.
Well if the guy on the back of three tons in a row doesn't look the part then something is wrong. High hopes for the lad in the future, seems to have a good head on his young shoulders.

stumpski

International Captain
I assume that as Bell was off the field, he won't be able to bat higher than 7 - could be a blessing in disguise though, bit of steel in the tail.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Why does Martin bowl those disgusting wide half trackers every five overs out of the blue. On the topic of Martin, he seems to me to be a bit of a first innings bowler who capitalizes on poor batting by catching players unaware, but then in the second dig when they see him as a threat he can't do much. But I haven't followed his domestic career so I don't know for sure.

Zinzan

So so mentally weak from NZ in the last 20 minutes. Way to hand the advantage to the opposition.

flibbertyjibber

Why does Martin bowl those disgusting wide half trackers every five overs out of the blue. On the topic of Martin, he seems to me to be a bit of a first innings bowler who capitalizes on poor batting by catching players unaware, but then in the second dig when they see him as a threat he can't do much. But I haven't followed his domestic career so I don't know for sure.
You mean he is Paul Harris II

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I assume that as Bell was off the field, he won't be able to bat higher than 7 - could be a blessing in disguise though, bit of steel in the tail.
Hmmm - I'm not used to seeing the word 'steel' used in conjunction with Ian Bell lately. Perhaps batting at 7 might might free him up to come out and play his shots as Broad and Swann don't stick around long nowadays.

flibbertyjibber

Only the 2nd 50 partnership of the match, came at a crucial time for England and in a low scoring match could be the stand that gives us the edge. If one of these goes on to get 70+ i'd think we will be in a position to win the game.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's definately looking a bit rosier, but still precarious. NZ would be well on top with 2 wickets now. Block up for tea please.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
They've batted very well. Lets hope Trott can rediscover his ability to score big instead of looking good for 30 or so. And a debut test 100 for Root would be wonderful.

I do wonder whether we've made a rod for our backs by having Compton open in India against their rather moderate opening attack and on those slow pitches in NZ. It would have been difficult for him not to have done respectably in those circumstances but he isn't convincing at all.

Howe_zat

Audio File
They've batted very well. Lets hope Trott can rediscover his ability to score big instead of looking good for 30 or so. And a debut test 100 for Root would be wonderful.

I do wonder whether we've made a rod for our backs by having Compton open in India against their rather moderate opening attack and on those slow pitches in NZ. It would have been difficult for him not to have done respectably in those circumstances but he isn't convincing at all.
There's been a lot of hyperbole about Compton. I think he's going to end up as one of those average Test cricketers who's constantly going to attract bile for not being amazing.

Hard for me to get that worked up about him either way, really.