• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They've batted very well. Lets hope Trott can rediscover his ability to score big instead of looking good for 30 or so. And a debut test 100 for Root would be wonderful.

I do wonder whether we've made a rod for our backs by having Compton open in India against their rather moderate opening attack and on those slow pitches in NZ. It would have been difficult for him not to have done respectably in those circumstances but he isn't convincing at all.
Yeah, agree with this. Dogged, stoic and all that, but I'm not quite convinced he's of the requisite quality.

Root to open and Jos Buttler in at #6, please.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah c'mon, NZ can chase 300 if their openers get their **** sorted, Bucko should try coming over the wicket to get a look into those footmarks.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's been a lot of hyperbole about Compton. I think he's going to end up as one of those average Test cricketers who's constantly going to attract bile for not being amazing.

Hard for me to get that worked up about him either way, really.
In the same way that Collingwood was always criticised. For me he has done enough so far to deserve a little slack. Don't forget this was a first home test for him too so would have been nervous.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Argh, can't miss chances like that. It was a great take, but with the hard work done all he needed to do was flick the bails off.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
10 minute delay there with Watling going off and waiting for McCullum to get keeping kit on. No chance of fitting the overs in today.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Trott letting Martin bowl to him, hitting half trackers to fielders, patting full tosses back to the bowler etc.