• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Bangladesh & Sri Lanka 2013

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
After many misfires, we have found our long term keeper. It would take a Herculean effort to oust him now.
One would hope so, but Ronchi scored big on the A tours, and given that they dropped Watling from the ODI side despite him being our best ODI batsman for the past 2 years...Just don't know what the selectors are thinking.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This Bangladesh commentator with a bit of Imran "I spent some time in Pommie land" Khan aristocratic drawl about him isn't too bad.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I also really want Watling to ward off the Ronchi challenge.
I just don't want another change based on the grass-is-greener principle - that the next in line of reasonable but not stellar wicketkeeping options just maybe, might be, 5% better... maybe. Or with even more magical thinking, might defy all expectation and be 30% better. That would be Reece Van Wyk-kins all over again.

In saying that, Watling has impressed me more than his predecessors primarily because I thought that while his batting would he useful, his keeping would be bordering substandard, but that hasn't been the case.

Mike5181

International Captain
One would hope so, but Ronchi scored big on the A tours, and given that they dropped Watling from the ODI side despite him being our best ODI batsman for the past 2 years...Just don't know what the selectors are thinking.
He should be in the ODI team but I'm pretty sure Guptill, Taylor, Williamson and McCullum have all been better tbh.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
In saying that, Watling has impressed me more than his predecessors primarily because I thought that while his batting would he useful, his keeping would be bordering substandard, but that hasn't been the case.
yeah. His keeping has been absolutely superb. I really wasn't expecting that - I thought Reece Young was about the peak of our keeping standards post-McCullum, but Watling must've really put some work in.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
One Square Meal:
Taylor
Boult

Cake:
Southee
Williamson

Icing:
Ronchi
Sodhi

Nutri-grain/special K (i.e. has somehow gained a reputation for good nutrition despite what the actual numbers/facts suggest)
Bracewell
Rutherford
McCullum
Guptill

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Also why is noted rabbit Trent Boult batting ahead of Sodhi?

Edit: Nah that was just cricinfo

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
One Square Meal:
Taylor
Boult

Cake:
Southee
Williamson

Icing:
Ronchi
Sodhi

Nutri-grain/special K (i.e. has somehow gained a reputation for good nutrition despite what the actual numbers/facts suggest)
Bracewell
Rutherford
McCullum
Mum's home baked special
Taylor
Southee
Boult

Pak'n Save's most expensive bakery cake
Watling

Still in the oven
Williamson
Rutherford