• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 8 - Australia v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slugger

State Vice-Captain
NZ 3 out of top 5

1 438-9 (49.5 overs) South Africa v Australia Johannesburg 2006
2 350–9 (49.3 overs) New Zealand v Australia Hamilton 2006–07
3 340–5 (48.4 overs) New Zealand v Australia Auckland 2006–07
4 334–8 (49.2 overs) Australia v England Sydney 2010–11
5 332–8 (49 overs) New Zealand v Australia Christchurch 2005–06

Spark

Global Moderator
Revealing that they all came in the same two-three year period though, some time ago.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
fair point, A motivator none the less, all those big chasers have a number of the same players as todays squard, styris, mcculum and taylor who all contributered to the big totals with century's or quick 80's the only one missing is mcmillian.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Not to fussed about the result tbh, just want a genuine close game. Sick of seeing our arses whipped anywhere that isn't NZ.

Mike5181

International Captain
Its good this game is being played at 5pm New Zealand time. Might actually be able to watch most of the game. It's interesting that Kyle Mills has been left out for this game to be honest. I saw an article in the NZ herald and some guy was going on about how it was Mills vs Bennett in the selection battle and Oram was safe. I personally thought both should play at Oram's expense but bit surprising. Mills might still have a little injury or something.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Oram is going to be massacred. He is just so past it, must be sucking a lot of dicks to stay in the scene. Even if Mills is actually injured, surely someone other than Oram deserves a chance by now.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ stands astride Group A like a colossus, looking down upon all the other teams as they cower before their might. Kenya has already been scorched by the white hot heat of NZ's wrath and now it's time for Australia to feel the shock and awe of facing the legendary Black Caps. Step forward Australia, if ye be men of courage, and be measured against the greatest cricketing power the universe has ever seen!!

IMO (kinda).
Sounds like something out of an Indian news channel.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will there be a little bit of movement in the air for the team bowling first?

Days of Grace

International Captain
"Harsha Bhogle gives an early update on air, he says Australia are likely to go unchanged, while New Zealand will leave out Jacob Oram and bring in Jamie How."

If this is true, and Mills still doesn`t play, then I will go into a rage.

Mike5181

International Captain
"Harsha Bhogle gives an early update on air, he says Australia are likely to go unchanged, while New Zealand will leave out Jacob Oram and bring in Jamie How."

If this is true, and Mills still doesn`t play, then I will go into a rage.
Jamie How?? Are you ****ing kidding me??

That has to be a joke..**** i mean OK if they want to play an extra batsman then i would rather have Williamson because its not like Jamie How has been accumulating an impressive strike rate either. Kyle Mills has actually shown more with the bat than How.

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Honestly, Woodcock would offer an extra bowling option and waste less balls with the bat. Why not him?

EDIT: Forgot about Williamson! Got a bit of a raw deal. Poor guy.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
So Jamie How's managed to wiggle his way past Kane Williamson as the back up batsmen even though he's averaged about half as many as Williamson with a poorer strike rate.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Oops, thought this was a late game and now I see it's starting now. Cool.

I think NZ will struggle to get up for this one. Also I think the earthquake will not have the effect of sharpening the NZ mindset towards winning a game of cricket, but instead bring more of the perspective of 'it's only a game'.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Would also like to add to the complaints that Jamie How is playing. Firstly, there had better be a damn good reason why Mills is not playing (ie. legitimate injury), and secondly, Williamson or even Woodcock would be a better choice than How on recent form.