• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Looking another great bowl first decision in this WC. It isn't a 9am day game start like it used to be back in the day to think there will be that much swing and moisture.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I understand wanting Henry to recover from the bad previous over, but no I think this over should've been bowled by Ferguson or Neesham (the latter for the pie wicket).
Yeah can recall McCullum turning to Vettori and Milne very early in a similar situation in the 2015 Eden Park game and slowing things down. They were helped with a wicket early on though i think.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Broad running in towards him probably never completely escaped his nightmares. Much as he probably tried it's hard to blow away.
Don't think he has any white ball demons as such. Since the Ashes you'd have to say he's been consistently one of the best players in the game.
Yeah but he’s been genuinely woeful on red ball cricket for about 3 years. Not “out of form” bad, but genuinely “this **** just can’t ****ing play” bad. Yet his white ball stuff has been fine

King Kane

International Debutant
This pitch looks like a belter for batting but even so you would be hoping to do better than going at 12 an over for the first 5 overs, it's been carnage.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah can recall McCullum turning to Vettori and Milne very early in a similar situation in the 2015 Eden Park game and slowing things down. They were helped with a wicket early on though i think.
Would prefer to not bring on Santner early against the two left handers tbf. Phillips pies?

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Sixth over and boult is bowling like it's the death in a t20. Interesting strategy. Seems like there just trying to get out of the PP and minimize the damage now.