• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Knockout Stages

chalky

International Debutant
Got this joke sent very quick

This World Cup is working out like WW2 - France have forfeited, the USA turned up late, and England are left to fight the Germans!

Steulen

International Regular
So one of Uruguay, South Korea, USA or Ghana will be a semi-finalist. And one of England, Germany, Argentina and Mexico will be a semi-finalist. Quite funny. Now wait for Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Brazil to end up in a quartet as well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not overly bothered who wins tbh, Germany are probably my favourite team in the tournament, but the fact that I am English means I will have to give my primary support to England...should be an amusing spectacle though. Am dreading the amount of 1966 references going through the roof though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not overly bothered who wins tbh, Germany are probably my favourite team in the tournament, but the fact that I am English means I will have to give my primary support to England...should be an amusing spectacle though. Am dreading the amount of 1966 references going through the roof though.
you suck

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'll actually be supporting England, as much fun it would be to wind up English fans...I really support England in most things, so go Rooney. Obviously delighted it's the English facing Germany instead of US, but how awesome would a US-England final be (not that I expect either team to make it but still)?

Argentina will probably beat the winner of England/German so they are through to the semis... Although if USA beat Ghana, IMO they have a very real chance of beating uruguay or south korea to reach the semis too. Obviously rooting for South Korea there...

Obviously I'm optimistic about us being able to score on Uruguay...

Last edited:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Torn here. Would like to support England, but I also have Germany in a sweep going here. Money wins though, carn Germany.

Updated:

Uruguay V South Korea
Argentina V Mexico
USA V Ghana
Germany V England
Updated the first post.

Last edited:

Indipper

State Regular
Nice draw. Two sides with totally odious support, one to go home early. Hope it's the Germs, they already celebrated winning the World Cup last night. Plus Beckenbauer might shut up for five minutes.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it seems everywhere I turn in this WC Beckenbauer is going on about something or another.

Actually quite confident about the Germany game. They looked awesome against Australia but I've seen very little since then. 5-0 England.

Steulen

International Regular
Yeah, it seems everywhere I turn in this WC Beckenbauer is going on about something or another.

Actually quite confident about the Germany game. They looked awesome against Australia but I've seen very little since then. 5-0 England.
I'm not sure GIMH, I thought England were still desperately poor yesterday, apart from that 15 minute spell where they actually passed the ball and created chances. I'm thinking Germany will go through...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As much as I love Ozil and this German team, the prospect of Diego against the Poms again is just too good to be true. This needs to happen.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm not sure GIMH, I thought England were still desperately poor yesterday, apart from that 15 minute spell where they actually passed the ball and created chances. I'm thinking Germany will go through...
I thought we were pretty good throughout the first half tbh. Second half was a bit flat and I don't think there was enough of a push for a second goal and with it first place. Definitely going in the right direction though and that's the main thing. The real business starts now and I can see us stepping it up.