• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Ireland v England at Dublin

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
make Johnston the captain for the match so we can have the laughable situation of the captain of one international team actually once captaining the captain of the other international team in an international match

Howe_zat

Audio File
Ugh. Happy for the guys getting a debut but send a proper side ffs.

Morgan as captain must be for a laugh. We have three of them and none are going?

As for the lineup, open with bluey and leave out Fat Sam.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite happy to see similar sorts of squads (not quite as extreme) in most limited overs fixtures personally. Sick of seeing players flogged into the ground and going through the motions in these series, then they get injured anyway. I don't want to see mediocrity persisted with either. No point giving Bopara yet more caps when he isn't good enough. I want to see new players thrown in with a core of the side that is fresh enough to perform. Not mediocre tried and failed players alongside knackered first XI guys. This generally means to an extent you're rotating the main players in a series, whilst a guy like Taylor, Stokes etc. plays the whole lot.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brave move by the selectors to drop their entire first XI but I suppose it's important to send the players a message after how badly we pasted them last time.

Spark

Global Moderator
make Johnston the captain for the match so we can have the laughable situation of the captain of one international team actually once captaining the captain of the other international team in an international match
Haha really?

FBU

International Debutant
Morgan no captaincy experience yet Taylor has been captaining the Lions. I suppose they can't have a player captain the side on debut. Hope it's a high scoring game and no rain.

Not much ODI experience. Woakes and Finn were in the squad v Sri Lanka but didn't play. Think Finn will miss out. Can't see them taking a senior bowler in Onions and not playing him. Durham wouldn't be too happy for Onions to miss their cc game and sit on the sidelines in Ireland.

Woakes 3 ODIs 7 wickets at 21.28
Dernbach 5 ODIs 8 wickets at 28.75
Onions 4 ODIs 4 wickets at 46.25
Finn 3 ODIs 3 wickets at 56.33

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah was Champions Trophy in SA I think.

Happy with the squad tbh, no wounds left from the last time we played Ireland. Probably less likely to lose with this team than with the First XI.

Jacknife

International Captain
Got no problems giving the Test players a rest before the one day series against India. All the guys that have been picked are the supposed next in line players, so lets see how they go, most of them have played really well for the Lions and have shown they are up to it.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Actually quite bothered by the look of that England bowling attack. Really should've taken Swann, or Bresnan, or at least one bowler that the captain can rely on. Ireland's strength is their batting and I can see Stirling or someone going to town on us.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Is that a reference to the fact the term "taking the mick" comes from disparaging the Irish?