• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Ireland v England at Dublin

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pitch looks v green.

Fittingly for the Emerald Isle, I suppose.

Thread should be stickied for the game at least tho, surely? Ireland being treated as 2nd class citizens by the cricketing authorities again. Disgrace, BCCI, etc...

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Sedate start considering how likely it is that this will become a rain-affected slog.

Woah some serious bounce there.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Where's John Mooney got that lift - and pace - from?

Can't be that long since he was the definition of military medium.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Kieswetter looking clueless against seaming ball non-shocker. 3 from 20. Great effort from the pinch-hitter.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sedate start considering how likely it is that this will become a rain-affected slog.
'Sedate' is something of an understatement, even allowing for not wanting to expose Taylor et al to a 10 for 2 start. 12 off six overs is a real throwback.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pitch looks v green.

Fittingly for the Emerald Isle, I suppose.

Thread should be stickied for the game at least tho, surely? Ireland being treated as 2nd class citizens by the cricketing authorities again. Disgrace, BCCI, etc...
Done. Would've done it earlier but I didn't realise. New Posts user here.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's a pretty good tactic from England. Very short boundaries so the powerplay is effectively meaningless but given the pitch and conditions the new ball is something to be wary of.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The ground is possibly smaller than Taunton straight.

Right, Taylor time. Looking forward to seeing him here.

The Tannoy sounds horrific...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Where's John Mooney got that lift - and pace - from?

Can't be that long since he was the definition of military medium.
I've heard he's always had the ability to bowl a little quicker but tends not to bother at this level as he sprays it around a bit when he does so and figures that acurrate medium pace is going to be of much more use that brisk medium pies.

Looking a proper bowler here in these conditions though; awesome signs. And he picks up a proper bowler's wicket as I type this post.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Kieswetter looking clueless against seaming ball non-shocker. 3 from 20. Great effort from the pinch-hitter.
Only managed a RR of 53 during his 26 balls even after the 4 & 6.

Anyway, a tricky start for Taylor: lets see what he's made of.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I've just noticed that Onions isn't playing - can't be a good call in these conditions, you'd have thought.