• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official* IPL 2016

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I feel like you're imagining all of that tbh

If the IPL bosses went and had a meeting and deliberately decided to only hire foreign cheerleaders then you might have an argument, however pointless & meaningless, but I'd be surprised if that was the case.
nothing to do with the ipl bosses, everything to do with the team owners' decisions' and, ultimately, Indian society.

It's not imagination, it's reality.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I know a lot of the cheerleaders during the IPL in SA a few years back were outsourced from America, as we don't really do that here, and they (the American cheerleaders) were not very good.... I heard that they were not paid very well but got a free `exotic` holiday in SA!. Ultimately, its seems to be the franchise`s decision, some spend good money on it and some don`t... some want a good spectacle and some are just following the crowd and doing whats is required but not really interested in spending on it to get good dancers (foreign or local)..

PS: but they do irate me as well and just drive me further away from the IPL..

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nothing to do with the ipl bosses, everything to do with the team owners' decisions' and, ultimately, Indian society.

It's not imagination, it's reality.
If this is getting into basic ***ism/gender roles in Indian society & history and the issues it brings up in modern society then it's beyond the scope of anything I'm interested in discussing here tbh

I'll stick to the cricket

carry on

TheJediBrah

I just think the cheerleaders in general are stupid tbh

How many people who go to the IPL are there for the cheerleaders? Are they really necessary?

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Everyone in the world would rather have *** with white people, it's a fact that you might as well just get used to.

I'm going to have to develop a T20 simulator just so I can have Kane Williamson in Sunrisers.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone in the world would rather have *** with white people, it's a fact that you might as well just get used to.
nah I'm not usually attracted to white chicks, but that's not really what I'm talking about. It's not a problem for Indian men to be attracted to white girls. That's absolutely fine.

It's a problem when white women's ***uality is promoted as overt, while Indian women's ***uality is suppressed.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If they were good cheerleaders like say the ones in the NBA, I wouldn't care. Most of them can't even shake a leg, let alone be classified as cheerleaders. So they are more white eye candy than cheer leaders.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I can't say I've ever noticed the cheerleaders tbh. I think I just mentally phase out when they're on because it actually makes me enjoy the cricket less.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If they were good cheerleaders like say the ones in the NBA, I wouldn't care. Most of them can't even shake a leg, let alone be classified as cheerleaders. So they are more white eye candy than cheer leaders.
Heh

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
Interesting that Raina is skippering a side that has Finch & McCullum in it

also not playing Guptill = insane. Is Southee even good any more?
Warne and Gilchrist are the only foreign captains to win the whole thing,just saying....

Much better or rather much more ideal to have an Indian captain instead of a foreign one.

SkyBlue

U19 Debutant
This David Miller is going to be absolutely poop as a captain,i'm telling you..

An Indian captain would be more ideal as in he'd be aware of the domestic cricket situation, he can mentor the young Indian guys better,communication wouldnt be much of a problem and thats what imo's needed if you want the best out of your players.

indiaholic

International Captain
And Raina has repeatedly stated that captaincy was just a name tag. He works with all the experienced members in his team.

Zinzan

nah I'm not usually attracted to white chicks, but that's not really what I'm talking about. It's not a problem for Indian men to be attracted to white girls. That's absolutely fine.

It's a problem when white women's ***uality is promoted as overt, while Indian women's ***uality is suppressed.
Not really disagreeing on your greater point, but I'd assumed the IPL cheergirls are generally white because the IPL organisers wanted the best professional cheerleaders available from the get-go so sourced them from the US in which they just happen to be primarily white.

The again, perhaps I'm being naive.

cnerd123

likes this
Plenty of talented Indian dancers they could be hiring. It would just be heavily frowned upon. So they go the foreign route.