• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official* IPL 2016

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'm getting deja vu to a few years ago, when I kept wondering when people would realise Steve Smith was actually good. Seems while people have been forced to grudgingly accept that he's good, there's a tendency to hold on to something, ie. "he's bad at Twenty 20". Probably just a matter of time until people are willing to grudgingly accept he's good at T20 as well.

Agree with Pratters to extent though, while it's not true that he couldn't bat lower, ideally he should bat 1-3. I'd have him opening if it was up to me, he's classes above Rahane or du Plessis
joke of a statement

indiaholic

International Captain
Lol at zaheer..wants to bat second because he is worried about Virat chasing and his plan is to get to the "Indian guys in the middle order" while bowling.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
from now on ca needs to send your local club second xi to play the next world cups, maybe they can win one
They seem to be doing fine in the World Cup already. Won 4 of the last 5 IIRC.

yes I know you're talking about the World T20. Part of me dies a little every time some calls it a "World Cup"

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Dunno where my post went but I had posted originally that RPSG has the same problem the Indian T20 side seemed to have.. Way too much cake and little to no icing. While I don't subscribe to the blinded and reeking of obvious and without reason biased opinion of The People's Chump by TJB, I still think he is a good player and in good enough form to bat 3 for this side and I would look to open with KP/Rahane and Faf. They need to get MSD to bat 4 and then cushion their side with all rounders who can hit like Mitch Marsh, Perera, Irfan and Bhatia with R Ashwin at 9. M Ashwin and Ishant can round off the side. It won't guarantee them winning but it will give them a better shot for sure, esp. if Faf/TPC can be allowed to bat through at their preferred SR given neither are any good at bashing at 150+ for an extended period of time.

Daemon

Never fail to be completely blown away when I see this RCB top 4 on a scorecard. Strongest T20 line up of all time right there.

Compton

International Debutant
Never fail to be completely blown away when I see this RCB top 4 on a scorecard. Strongest T20 line up of all time right there.
It's absolutely ridiculous. To think that you could dismiss Gayle and Kohli and be rewarded with Watson and ABDV is just... What's the point? :laugh:

Daemon

It's going to be so annoying when Smith eventually gets good at T20 and TJB keeps saying I told you so, even though the point people are making is that he's not that good right now.