• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - India in West Indies

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
does anyone see potential in Russel to be a Flintoff lite?
Apparently Viv Richards sees him as the new Kallis (one of the WI commentators said that). The Flintoff comparison makes more sense, though.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I think with time he can become a good fast bowler and an impact lower middle order batsman feel he's a tier below Flintoff in natural talent but looks a better athlete then him so should be able to have better fitness.Good thing is he does not look clueless against spin.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
He's still very young and needs to develop some consistency with his lines and length. But the potential is all there, which is very exciting.

He's definitely a bowling all-rounder, unlike Pollard.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like Badrinath is squandering his go. No one should ever have denied his go, but cannot keep making excuses any more, at least in ODI cricket.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He's still very young and needs to develop some consistency with his lines and length. But the potential is all there, which is very exciting.

He's definitely a bowling all-rounder, unlike Pollard.
He is an odd one. You'd just expect him to have a bit more pace. He charges in and spends most of his time at around 82mph with the odd effort ball up aroud 87mph. Generally seems quite raw, with the ball. Will be interesting to see if he refines as he ages.

Blaze 18

Banned
Poor batting performance. Badrinath seemed to be absolutely clueless against short pitched bowling. I really hope it was a one-off because if he's getting screwed on these wickets, he'll get owned by England in England.

Well played West Indies; definitely deserved to win yesterday.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
He is an odd one. You'd just expect him to have a bit more pace. He charges in and spends most of his time at around 82mph with the odd effort ball up aroud 87mph. Generally seems quite raw, with the ball. Will be interesting to see if he refines as he ages.
From my observation, he's a very athletic guy but I'm not sure if he's making the best use of his run-up. He runs in hard but there isn't a gradual build-up of momentum as you'd expect. Neither is the gather and transfer of energy through the delivery stride. In the end, he just ends up muscling it down and that's perhaps the reason why he is slower than he looks to be. Still 85 mph or so is nothing to be scoffed at.

As Ian Bishop said while commenting y'day, maybe it would take Russell a year or two to understand his bowling and his action fully. And then he'd be ready to fire with the new ball. There are some out-and-out naturals and some that need to grow into the role.

Overall, an exciting prospect. Got a big heart and seems to be able to bend his back and get extra lift every now and then. That 92* he scored was a blinder I expect this talent to blossom well for Caribbean cricket.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Apparently Viv Richards sees him as the new Kallis (one of the WI commentators said that). The Flintoff comparison makes more sense, though.
If he's the new Kallis, that'd make this guy the best all rounder the West Indies have ever produced :-O

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
IN Odi's as you said you could be right. Though he did pretty well in the T20 match.

But let's see how many chances he is given compared to Nohit.

Should atleast be give have the number of tries.