• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
My point is, the guy is far from decent, the fact that he isn't even regular adds to it.
Are you even watching? Did you see him bowl those tight 8 overs today? Indian batsmen should surely do better against him coz our batsmen are(or should be) too good against spin. Markram was bowling with total control and reading the batsmen well, he can't be the main spin bowler but he clearly bowls well. He might have started focusing on his bowling more recently, who knows, but it's there to see.

Shardul has done better in international cricket with the bat than domestic, obviously he must have worked on his batting in the last few years and despite of what his domestic numbers say, he adds useful runs with the bat.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
You're trolling right?

You've gone through the effort of looking up his bowling record but didn't notice that he has bowled in 10 of SA's last 20 ODIs, and the two times he did complete his quota were within SA's last 8 games?

He didn't bowl for much of his early career, but since 2019 it's been very common. He's also bowled in 8 of SA's last 14 T20Is, all of which were just last year.

He's also got a List A bowling average of 27.9 with an economy of 5.20, which is very good for a South African spinner.
I'm not sure if you're being dishonest or really don't understand the word regular. Has he bowled more in ODIs than he did at first, yes but he still is not a regular bowler. In the last 10 ODIs he has bowled 6 times. That does not make him a REGULAR bowler.

And that List A example is hilarious, he has bowled in less than 50% of his List A games :laugh:

Simple question, do you think Markram is the type of bowler who should be causing India's top order batsmen trouble and taking wickets and suffocating runs?

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Are you even watching? Did you see him bowl those tight 8 overs today? Indian batsmen should surely do better against him coz our batsmen are(or should be) too good against spin. Markram was bowling with total control and reading the batsmen well, he can't be the main spin bowler but he clearly bowls well. He might have started focusing on his bowling more recently, who knows, but it's there to see.

Shardul has done better in international cricket with the bat than domestic, obviously he must have worked on his batting in the last few years and despite of what his domestic numbers say, he adds useful runs with the bat.
So what? India can't play him doesn ot mean he is all of a sudden a world class ODI bowler.

This is getting ridiculous, just because India can't play him, to hide the deficiencies of your own batsmen you want to say the bowling is good?

Next we'll be saying Joe Root is Englands premier spin bowler :laugh:

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Also, what's up with these insults? Markram has been bowling in white ball games from time to time and has looked good, why do you have to react with such silly comments to someone's opinion?
It's not silly. The guy said he was a regular bowler, his career proves otherwise. It's not an insult, I mean if I was on a HIndi forum I may not understand a word and would happily accept correction.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
So what? India can't play him doesn ot mean he is all of a sudden a world class ODI bowler.

This is getting ridiculous, just because India can't play him, to hide the deficiencies of your own batsmen you want to say the bowling is good?

Next we'll be saying Joe Root is Englands premier spin bowler :laugh:
Even I am criticising the Indian batters for their approach against him, I had posted about Rahul's negative approach against Markram at the start of the game(in the Indian Cricket Tea Lounge forum). Have an open mind while debating with people instead of just blabbering the same points and making random assumptions.

No one has called Markram a premier spin bowler, we were just talking about how useful he is. Just like Shardul is useful with the bat in tests for India.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm just objecting to describing Markram as someone who doesn't usually bowl. He actually bows quite a bit lately, especially with the new ball. It's been a feature of SA ODI/T20I side for a couple of years. I'm sure the Indian side have done their homework on him and know to expect this. Any fan who cares enough to comment on the game should be aware of this.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
I'm just objecting to describing Markram as someone who doesn't usually bowl. He actually bows quite a bit lately, especially with the new ball. It's been a feature of SA ODI/T20I side for a couple of years. I'm sure the Indian side have done their homework on him and know to expect this. Any fan who cares enough to comment on the game should be aware of this.
Agreed.