• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Markram has improved a lot with the ball, why can't he be the 5th bowler for SA in tests? Surely he can bowl 10-12 overs in a day for them. Maharaj can be picked when the conditions are helpful for spinners, or they can go with 4 pacers + Markram as the 5th bowling option.

Last edited:

anil1405

International Captain
Are the two Rahul's smoking the same thing Kohli and Shastri used to?

Why have Pant at no.4 when no.4 spot hasn't been settled for years.

cnerd123

likes this
Decent??? That doesn't make sense, the guy is not even a regular bowler :laugh:
You sure are pretty uninformed for a guy with 'savant' in his username

Markram has been a regular bowler for SA in white-ball cricket, especially with the new ball. It's a job he does pretty well.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
You sure are pretty uninformed for a guy with 'savant' in his username

Markram has been a regular bowler for SA in white-ball cricket, especially with the new ball. It's a job he does pretty well.
Do you watch cricket? Markram has not bowled in ODI cricket for almost the entirety of his career, heck I had to look this up because of how many Indian fans are talking about Markram like some world beater or something...guess what I found? He has only bowled in 11 innings of the 35 games he has played, is that regular for you? Thats about 31% of innings, how does that make him REGULAR? I apologise if English is not your first language and you do not know what regular means.

To make it worse, he has only completed his full quota of overs maybe twice :laugh:

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Markram has improved a lot with the ball, why can't he be the 5th bowler for SA in tests? Surely he can bowl 10-12 overs in a day for them. Maharaj can be picked when the conditions are helpful for spinners, or they can go with 4 pacers + Markram as the 5th bowling option.
My thoughts exactly we didn't need maharaj against india in tests could of played extra batsmen.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Do you watch cricket? Markram has not bowled in ODI cricket for almost the entirety of his career, heck I had to look this up because of how many Indian fans are talking about Markram like some world beater or something...guess what I found? He has only bowled in 11 innings of the 35 games he has played, is that regular for you? Thats about 31% of innings, how does that make him REGULAR? I apologise if English is not your first language and you do not know what regular means.

To make it worse, he has only completed his full quota of overs maybe twice :laugh:
He might have improved recently, but who cares, he bowls tight offies and surely looks a little better than regular part timers.

cnerd123

likes this

You're trolling right?

You've gone through the effort of looking up his bowling record but didn't notice that he has bowled in 10 of SA's last 20 ODIs, and the two times he did complete his quota were within SA's last 8 games?

He didn't bowl for much of his early career, but since 2019 it's been very common. He's also bowled in 8 of SA's last 14 T20Is, all of which were just last year.

He's also got a List A bowling average of 27.9 with an economy of 5.20, which is very good for a South African spinner.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain

Also, what's up with these insults? Markram has been bowling in white ball games from time to time and has looked good, why do you have to react with such silly comments to someone's opinion?