• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Dravid will be sacked after WT20 I think. This team ain't qualifying for Semis again.
SA & Pakistan both better teams in T20 cricket right now than us.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Whether India win this game or not I think they’ve really regressed since the last odi World Cup. I think they need to get rid of some their older guys like Dhawan, Bhuvi and Ashwin for younger guys

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Has Dravid expressed any kind of mission statement since taking over? I don't expect him to be an OTT braggart like Shastri but surely putting out an approximate plan of action for the next few years - focus on youth, on upcoming white ball tournaments, etc - would help create an impression of some kind of concerted movement towards a goal.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Well people are really wondering wth he is doing? Not backing youngsters. Test Series defeat is already totally on him by backing serial failures like PuRane. Now even here in ODIs he is not giving chances to Ruturaj Prasidh & Siraj. Guy is totally out of his depth.
I think he is gonna cop a lot more stick than Shastri ever did.

Spark

Global Moderator
Can someone explain to me why Bumrah's effectiveness in ODIs has fallen off a cliff post-pandemic? Completely inexplicable to me, cannot see why it's happened let alone why it's happened so dramatically - every time I've seen him in ODIs he's looked okay - but even with the usual heavy JAMODI caveat it leaves a biiiiig hole at the centre of the Indian ODI attack if it continues.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Maybe his plan is to get the oldies to **** up and train the juniors who'll then step up and kick them out for good.

I hope.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Can someone explain to me why Bumrah's effectiveness in ODIs has fallen off a cliff post-pandemic? Completely inexplicable to me, cannot see why it's happened let alone why it's happened so dramatically - every time I've seen him in ODIs he's looked okay - but even with the usual heavy JAMODI caveat it leaves a biiiiig hole at the centre of the Indian ODI attack if it continues.
He is not extracting the bounce that he used to extract prior to injury. Even in Test series.. Thakur who is not tall extracted more bounce than him... Supersport showed a graphic on it
Also not bowling enough channel bowls to bring slips & keeper into play.. Rest of the attack being Trundlers & mediocre spinners is not helping matters.
This is a minnow esque attack by numbers since 2019 WC.

Spark

Global Moderator
He is not extracting the bounce that he used to extract prior to injury. Even in Test series.. Thakur who is not tall extracted more bounce than him... Supersport showed a graphic on it
Also not bowling enough channel bowls to bring slips & keeper into play.. Rest of the attack being Trundlers & mediocre spinners is not helping matters.
This is a minnow esque attack by numbers since 2019 WC.
Yeah I agree with that technically but the bloke is putting up "literally worse than part timer" numbers post-pandemic and, while I definitely think injuries have taken a bit of the zip out of his bowling, he still looks perfectly servicable and, as Flem said yesterday, should still be fluking random death wickets here and there. But he just can't buy a pole for some reason, it's completely baffling to me.

As for the rest of the attack... minnow-tier might be harsh but I'm not willing to say it's definitely harsh. It's not exactly scary right now if Bumrah isn't doing anything.

Spark

Global Moderator
This team is pretty bad.
The saving grace is that it really, really doesn't matter.

Some of the mid-cycle Aus sides put up over the years - in successful WC cycles! - have been absolute trash tier. It just doesn't matter. Though in that case, India really should be using series like these to experiment with younger players or newer tactics rather than going back to Ashwin and Bhuvi. I don't think they're likely to be part of India's plans in 2023.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Yeah I agree with that technically but the bloke is putting up "literally worse than part timer" numbers post-pandemic and, while I definitely think injuries have taken a bit of the zip out of his bowling, he still looks perfectly servicable and, as Flem said yesterday, should still be fluking random death wickets here and there. But he just can't buy a pole for some reason, it's completely baffling to me.

As for the rest of the attack... minnow-tier might be harsh but I'm not willing to say it's definitely harsh. It's not exactly scary right now if Bumrah isn't doing anything.
Well I'd say this attack is damn sure poor. I was watching Zim v SL ODI.. And Zim had a tall hit the deck bowler in Blessing Muzarabani who was bowling so well & extractig good pace & bounce & then other was a Tall swing bowler in Nagrava. Those two blokes were definitely more threatening than trundler Boobi & current Bumrah. Shardul is a average ODI/T20 pacer. His batting is only reason he is in the side.
Spin is pretty bad. Chahal gets out bowled by opposition leggies everytime. Swepson Zampa Sodhi Hasaranga Adil Rashid &, now Shamsi.
So yes it's that bad

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Lol Ashwin... Probably his final ODI series.
When Axar Jaddu get fit he won't find himself in squad even. Bishnoi is already knocking the door down.