• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
In Tests maybe but good luck carrying a 38 year old in the field. They'd be targeted all day.

Mind you, having watched Kuldeep Yadav "fielding" in the flesh, maybe it wouldn't be such a huge difference...
It's not tough hiding one player in T20s. Hoggie and Tambe have done fine for their respective T20 sides despite of being way past 40. They'll find 50-overs cricket a little though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
This Indian limited overs bowling attack is touring England this summer, I wish all their trundlers well on the roads that will greet them. :wacko:
If anyone knows the need of a Revenge ODI series win after a mauling overseas, its us. We are being nice to England. :p

EDIT: After a overseas test mauling, I should have specified.

Last edited:

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
But in this context, look at who you're playing...South Africa, the worst ODI SA ever! Even Pakistan beat them and Pakistan are a middling ODI side these days.
Pakistan will beat the daylights of our current side like in T20 WC. We are back to 2012 when we had a over age weak bowling & batting side. After series loss to Pakistan in 2012 the transition happened.
Pakistan has 3-4 90+ mph pacers.. We have Trundlers barring Bumrah. Shadab is better than any wrist spinner we have.
Rizwan Babar Fakhar are world class. Faheem is a decent A/R.
Their LOI side is in much better place.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
This Indian limited overs bowling attack is touring England this summer, I wish all their trundlers well on the roads that will greet them. :wacko:
seriously Trundlers need to be smashed. I don't know how Boovi survived after getting mauled in that WT20 game vs Pakistan or WC 2019 SF when he couldn't pick wickets on a seaming track. Biggest fraud I have ever seen.
Avesh Prasidh Tyagi should be brought in.. End the trundler love ffs

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
this must be like 5 games tops surely?
Our bowling stats since 2019 WC are minnow level. Situation is dire but constantly flows under the radar. Chahal has been mediocre across both T20 & ODIs & has been outbowled by Swepson Zampa Sodhi Adil Rashid Hasaranga Shamsi... Basically every opposition wrist spinner he has come up against.
Ravi Bishnoi is still waiting for his chance & is literally Top 3 pick among new IPl franchises. Indian selectors smoke highest quality of weed before picking sides.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Pakistan will beat the daylights of our current side like in T20 WC. We are back to 2012 when we had a over age weak bowling & batting side. After series loss to Pakistan in 2012 the transition happened.
Pakistan has 3-4 90+ mph pacers.. We have Trundlers barring Bumrah. Shadab is better than any wrist spinner we have.
Rizwan Babar Fakhar are world class. Faheem is a decent A/R.
Their LOI side is in much better place.
India are a better side, they have some top class batters and decent bowling. Yes this is not reflected in stats (highest average of all ODI teams) but if i twas a crunch game in an ODI WC, I would rate India to beat Pakistan 7/10 times.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
India are a better side, they have some top class batters and decent bowling. Yes this is not reflected in stats (highest average of all ODI teams) but if i twas a crunch game in an ODI WC, I would rate India to beat Pakistan 7/10 times.
I mean considering India's record in crunch games recently...

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Crunch game means India loses 100%.. Modern day chokers. I mean general perception in 2012 was same that we have bigger names & we will beat Pakistan.. But Pak arrived with a brand new Pace battery & solid batting unit & it shocked the sh** outta everyone. Dhoni dumped every single oldie & a brand new India side beat Australia.
We need something similar. These players are no way near to the one we had in 2012 in terms of quality.

Dendarii

International Debutant
We have surpassed you guys long time ago :laugh: :tooth:
2014 T20 WC final, 2015 WC SF, 2016 T20WC SF, 2017 CT final, 2019 WC SF, 2021 WTC final.. List is getting longer with each tournament. Beat that if you can.
I don't think we outperformed you in any of those tournaments, so we might still have the edge. Although it's rather depressing comparing whose team has done the worst...

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think we outperformed you in any of those tournaments, so we might still have the edge. Although it's rather depressing comparing whose team has done the worst...
Yeah this. It is not so easy to get into those semis and finals consistently, which is what India has done so far. Just need to remove the mental block on knock-outs and India should again be becoming a world-beating team.

PakhuisTillite

Cricket Spectator
Looking forward to see how our fatty trundler Magala does today. He is fairly skillful but I hate it when pro sportsmen are so out of shape.

WpGuy

U19 Debutant
Looking forward to see how our fatty trundler Magala does today. He is fairly skillful but I hate it when pro sportsmen are so out of shape.
Ever thought it is his shape he is born with and not his lack of effort or fitness. Anyways would love to see our test team try , elgar with janneman/breetzke/rickleton, 3 , petersen, 4 makram, 5 Rvd 6, Temba , 7 kyle 8 , Jansen 9, Maharaj, 10 rabada 11, nortjie - if we need use of a 5th bowler elgar/makram/petersen can throw a few overs.