• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, and kudos to India. Great day for them. Wrapped up the tail ideally then batted SA out of the game. Good to see big runs from Kohli and Pujara again. Their two best players standing up.

Tough day for SA. The Morkel injury is a huge blow for them, but not as big as having Tahir in the team. Seriously, the **** is beyond awful.

OverratedSanity

Are you trolling (like my post above re: SA batting) when you describe Philander as a trundler or do you seriously not rate him? Cos he's a gun.

And now I'm seriously going to sleep. See you boys tomorrow 7:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Come on, how can I call myself a cricket fan and not appreciate him as an awesome bowler ?
Fair to call him a trundler on the basis of that ball though... Kohli's pull made him look Vinay kumar-esque

OverratedSanity

Philander is such a massive ****. I hope we tear him a new one tomorrow. Asshole.
Watched the interview eh? :laugh:

Hated how every time he was asked a question about how India were on top and how well Pujara and Kohli batted he was all like " Oh the pitch flattened out, we were a bowler short". A stream of whines and excuses. Just one praise for India I heard was " the batsmen left well"

He's lucky he's so awesome :p

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
This is going to be the greatest Test victory in India's cricketing history. Nothing compares. OK, fair exaggeration but Jesus, the odds here!

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I was in a bar entertaining an old friend from childhood and this **** kept happening on screen. Such a brilliant feeling to cheer Pujara bringing up his hundred.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Oh and they kept replaying Kohli's disdainful hook *** pull off Philanderer to the sounds of Bulls On Parade. Now I hate RATM but **** that looked like ***.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This is a really impressive performance from India, especially to run so counter to expectations. Watched a bit of Kohli and Pujara the other night and they were fantastic. Nice to see the India fans on here so ebullient too.

indiaholic

International Captain
Watched the interview eh? :laugh:

Hated how every time he was asked a question about how India were on top and how well Pujara and Kohli batted he was all like " Oh the pitch flattened out, we were a bowler short". A stream of whines and excuses. Just one praise for India I heard was " the batsmen left well"

He's lucky he's so awesome :p
If he is generally this bad then he will end up with the 'most hated opposition player' tag that Ponting had for so long.. Amazing cricketer and all but **** him.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf, he was in shock at not having his usual raging green top to bowl on

Good bowler but his career average would be 10+ higher if he played for any number of other countries

Briony

International Debutant
This is going to be the greatest Test victory in India's cricketing history. Nothing compares. OK, fair exaggeration but Jesus, the odds here!
Probably a massive exaggeration given some of their other great victories such as the come from behind one against us in 2001. SA generally loses a test at home and with Tahir in the side and Morkel virtually absent from the second innings, it's hardly surprising that India has taken SA to sword on a relatively docile pitch. The biggest surprise perhaps was how meekly the Proteas succumbed to India's bowlers. Then again guys like du Plessis, Duminy, Petersen and Kallis have been extremely inconsistent of late. And Smith continues to be Zaheer's LBW bunny.:)

morgieb

Congratulations, India. I did have some thoughts that the series would be closer than expected, but they have a genuine chance of whitewashing South Africa ats.

Lasereyes

Cricket Spectator
I've rarely seen India go for the jugular like this, especially in an away match. Simply sensational stand by the two young guns. Let's hope they can finish the job, although I can't help thinking about Adelaide when Australia thought they were home and dry. AB and Amla the key wickets.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Good to see other people thinking Philander is a ****. Makes my never really liking him because he steals Steyn's limelight somewhat justified. :ph34r:

OverratedSanity

If he is generally this bad then he will end up with the 'most hated opposition player' tag that Ponting had for so long.. Amazing cricketer and all but **** him.
Ponting came off as a prick too but he was always gracious in his interviews. It's something people don't admit