• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
No its not. Pitch has improved a good deal. If it doesn't break up too much tomorrow it could be interesting. We're overwhelming favorites but I have no idea how you can call this test disappointing. One of the best test matches in a long time imo. It's been of consistently very high quality, bar Tahir
Graeme Smith in the 4th innings.

On the positive side Sharma's locked in for another 4 years after his first innings performance. :D

Stapel

International Regular
Well today couldn't have gone much better for India. Aim to declare at tea tomorrow? Or maybe middle of the afternoon session.
If India manage to score 175 runs in a single session once more, Dhoni will declare rather sooner than later. Man...., 175 runs in a session, for no wickets, on day three.....

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
India should look to bat NO MORE than 40 overs. There's some rain forecast for later on in day 5.

Set a target of ~450 imo.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
****, didn't expect that when I went to sleep at lunch. One of the great days for Indian cricket :) Pujara and Kohli ****ing greats \m/

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Gonna record all of tonight's play and then watch every ball on delay later. See you all at 4am.

Go India.
Just finished watching the whole day's play on delay at 4:48am after. Every ****ing ball, and I absolutely loved it. The best day of Indian test cricket since Mohali 2010. Its been along time since they have played so bloody well or done something so magnificent.

Few points.

1. Zaheer getting Philander early was so so crucial. It would have been soooooooo typical India to have Philander, and then Steyn, get South Africa to a 50 run lead.
2. Vijay isn't extraordinary but the haters really need to shut the **** up now. Seriously. Has done his job in both innings.
3. Morkel injury was so so so massive. Really big moment.
4. Pujara, what more needs to be said, amazing. We all knew he had it in him to score runs overseas. You only had to watch him. But fmd its good that he actually did it to justify our faith in him.
5. Tahir is ****ing pathetic. Seriously embarrassing. That drop of Pujara making his pie bowling that much worse.
6. Kohli mother ****ersssssssssssss. That pull for 4 off Philander late in the day. Hell yeah. **** if he scores twin tons I'm going to break this forum with Kohli images.
7. With weather concerns on day 5 I'd want more than 4 sessions at South Africa. Hope Dhoni doesn't get mega defensive with the ball.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Still a lot of hardwork to do for Indian bowlers to restrict South Africa.
Not really. They're a bunch of flat track bullies who can't handle South African conditions.

And on that note I'm finally going to bed.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
6. Kohli mother ****ersssssssssssss. That pull for 4 off Philander late in the day. Hell yeah. **** if he scores twin tons I'm going to break this forum with Kohli images.
Oh that was sooooooooo good. I keep saying there's some aspects of Ponting in Kohli and that pull was pure pwnage. Just him saying to that trundled "Yeah, gtfo don't ****ing bowl there"

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Are you trolling (like my post above re: SA batting) when you describe Philander as a trundler or do you seriously not rate him? Cos he's a gun.

And now I'm seriously going to sleep. See you boys tomorrow 7:30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tahir is the worst selection since former Australian off spinner and opening batsman Glenn Maxwell, AKA The Big No.

Last edited: