• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

GGG

State Captain
McCullum
Guptill
Ryder/Taylor
Taylor/Elliott
Elliott/Ryder
Broom/Oram
McGlashan/Oram

IMO
Yep as well as Ryder and McCullum are going Guptill is a opener, but nah lets do a Fulton on him and maybe try him at 5 next game.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
At work so can't watch this, but what do we think is a par score here?

Are the conditions similar to what we've seen previously or is there some juice in the deck?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ah cheers, just hope we don't piss away the good work we've done during the final 10 overs.

EDIT: Spinners seem to be doing alright though so Vettori might be a big factor later.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Go Pete! 28 off 22!

You can expect his next article on CW within the next 24 hours with some insider thoughts on the series against India :)

trapol

U19 12th Man
Middle order fails again
Its time for Styris...he has controlled that middle order or years and that is where we are dropping the ball.
However it cant be easy chopping and changing the order every game. The players (outisde the top 2) dont know when they are batting
Be interested in your thoughts here Jimmy since isnt Styris a teammate of yours?

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
NZ did some strategical mistakes in this innings. Knowing that their middle order is out sorts, they could have taken the PP3 from 15-20 overs. That would allow to Dhoni to re-think whether to bowl fast bowlers or slow bowlers in this PP3. As McCullum & Ryder are well settled, they could have scored a lot against unfresh pacers & restrict-field spinners.. That would have set the tempo. Even if they had lost a wkt in that powerplay, I would have brought in Tim Southee to bat No.3 in that PP3 and give him full license...I think we should lot more re-think our batting strategies..

Athlai

Not Terrible
NZ did some strategical mistakes in this innings. Knowing that their middle order is out sorts, they could have taken the PP3 from 15-20 overs. That would allow to Dhoni to re-think whether to bowl fast bowlers or slow bowlers in this PP3. As McCullum & Ryder are well settled, they could have scored a lot against unfresh pacers & restrict-field spinners.. That would have set the tempo. Even if they had lost a wkt in that powerplay, I would have brought in Tim Southee to bat No.3 in that PP3 and give him full license...I think we should lot more re-think our batting strategies..
Southee isn't playing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pissing down, enough to probably mean D/L will come into play & India will probably be set the taunting task of needing something like 100 in 20 overs :laugh:

biased indian

International Coach
I can't remember with who, but I already have an avatar bet going with someone.

I'll take you on, though. One month.

If India win, I lose.

If NZ win, you lose.

Draw, and no-one wins/loses.

Deal?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

we already have that deal ....check around post #224 in this thread