• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

uvelocity

International Coach
If Watson does bowl then I wonder if part of the reason for having both him and M Marsh in the same side is because Adelaide can be tough going for bowlers, and with the tight schedule of the test series they want to keep Harris as fresh and fit as possible.
reckon thats why they went with siddle tbh. he was gone for the gabba imo, and still will be

sorry n00fers

#siddslastest

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
even if we india as a whole have bad series, hope kohli has a good series, we need a confident kohli going into the world cup.i know the test series is as important as the worldcup i don't have that great feeling with this team in test series. so for a change eagerly looking for the world cup rather than the test series .
Quite the opposite for me. I find myself not caring about this WC too much what with already having seen us win one last time. But I really really want the team to give a good showing in the tests. It's not going to happen, but that's where my real interest and investment is this time round.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just be interested in both you dumb ****'s. Australian fans during their successful era didn't just not care about series and tournaments after they won it once. Lift your game fellas

Top_Cat

Karn's in the squad.

I haven't seen much of him, but from the few clips I have found I must admit I do rate him. From a technical PoV it looks to me that a lot can go wrong in his action, but he looks very dangerous when it is coming out well.

In my squad run-down last night, I suggested that his selection seemed like India was picking the next leg spinner they could find that hadn't already failed at Test level. If this is the BCCI's version of infinite monkey theorem, I think they've stumbled across their Richard III*.

*I have no idea if this works but I wanted to force an infinite monkey theorem joke in there somewhere.
Gotta wonder why he's gotten so few wickets for his FC team and it's basically because he does half the bowling of a front-line spinner. Ashwin offers big turn, big overs, experience and batting so he's a no brainer on what is likely to be a road. Get the feeling Karn's in OZ for the LO stuff only since it's where he made his name, really. But yeah, his FC record is pretty unappealing for a Test bowler, average aside.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Naming Hughes as 13th man, having the 403 emblazoned on shirts. Isn't this getting to be a bit much now? Let the family mourn in peace for goodness sake.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
With Bhuvi out it becomes even more critical that we play 5 bowlers, Ashwin is a perfectly fine #7 bat tbh, and Karn sharma can bat a bit, obviously it will be different against Johnson and co but it is what it is, geez if only we had Bhuvi coming in at 9 that's a serious tail. I'd also take Yadav over Shammi. Shammi can be just as expensive and gives away at least one boundary ball per over from what I've seen. No point in bowling 2 good deliveries and then gives a freebie on the pads. Seen it happen too many times with Shammi.

Anyway the main problem is our bats, DON'T ****ING GET SHOT OUT UNDER 50-60 OVERS EVERY INNINGS LIKE IN ENGLAND!

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Just be interested in both you dumb ****'s. Australian fans during their successful era didn't just not care about series and tournaments after they won it once. Lift your game fellas
They knew they were winning everything anyway ffs.Must've been boring as a fan tbh.

I'm pretty sure we won't get a 66-6 in World cup... I think, so that automatically makes it less interesting.

Top_Cat

They knew they were winning everything anyway ffs.Must've been boring as a fan tbh..
Honestly struggle to understand this. No, it was not, for me anyway. It was ****ing glorious watching McG dominate or Hayden walking down the deck or Gilchrist smashing the bejesus out of some poor saps and for multiple series' and tournaments in a row.

Top_Cat

**** it.

Probably more a reflection of that I heard some ******** aussie fans say that at times.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you still in the UK Langeveldt?.

I'm not sure but you may find that ABC Grandstand is region restricted due to distribution rights and not available in the UK.