• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If you're so desperate for five bowlers, play Ashwin and Bhuvi at 7 and 8. They're both probably good enough to do it. Better than Dhoni as a 4th seamer anyway.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Did you bump your head yesterday?
No, I happen to be naturally intelligent.

Hmm, that's why he didn't bowl at the nets then.

Rahul [this won't happen; Dhawan will play]
Vijay
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Dhoni * (5)
Saha +
Karn (4) [this won't happen; Ashwin will play]
Shami (2)
Umesh (1) [this won't happen; Aaron will play]
Ishant (3)

Dhoni not keeping will be better for his thumb too.

Edit: Ideally, Pujara should open with Vijay with Rahane, Kohli, Rohit, Dhoni and Saha in the middle.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vijay's leave hasn't just been good this year, he had a good leave back when he first toured SA.

the big bambino

International Captain
Bhuvis gonskis for 2 testis.

That clears the way for the pace attack I'd play of Ishant, Yadav and Aaron. Its a gamble but that trio has pace and bounce and if they are going to work then Australia (apart from Sth Africa) is the place. Yadav is their no.1 fast bowler and the other 2 are gathering form.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah India have no choice but all out attack now. Shami's fading away hurts India even more now Bhuvi is out because the raw Aaron is currently just as good an option. On a less important note, while Harris and Johnson were never going to allow tail end shenanigans at least Bhuvi knows what end of the bat to hold and could have lasted longer than the rest but now it's Ashwin and nobody down low.

Burgey

Bad luck for Bhuvi and for India. I didn't really mark him down to be successful here, but he's obviously bowled well since he's come into the side and you never like to see players hurt.

the big bambino

International Captain
I'd modify my previous post by saying I'd play Bhuvi at Adelaide if he was available. Otherwise I think the 3 mentioned are worth a throw.

Burgey

Dhoni's an immense cricketer. It'll be a big boost to India if he plays. Yeah he's prone to nicking off and his technique is woeful, but he brings a ****load to that side, much of it not really definable by raw numbers. He takes a hell of a lot on, with keeping and captaincy as well as occasionally bailing the side out of strife with the cue.

JBMAC

State Captain
CONFIRMED Australian XI for the opening Test of the series:

David Warner, Chris Rogers, Shane Watson, Michael Clarke (c), Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon. Josh Hazlewood (12th), Phillip Hughes (13th)

Flem274*

123/5
CONFIRMED Australian XI for the opening Test of the series:

David Warner, Chris Rogers, Shane Watson, Michael Clarke (c), Steve Smith, Mitchell Marsh, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Ryan Harris, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon. Josh Hazlewood (12th), Phillip Hughes (13th)
???

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Why are Watson and Mitch Marsh both playing? Marsh did well enough in the UAE to not merit being dropped and Watson is the Golden Boy? Seems excessive to me.

Riggins

International Captain
Anyone else see that bouncer Pattinson bowled to Marsh this morning? He's bowling rapid.