• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

adub

International Captain
Noofers, Siddle has been barely adequate for a long time now and it's only been Johnson and Harris covering for him that has kept him going this long. Adelaide was his 'give the guy one last shot' test and he did nothing to make his spot secure. I'm no great wrap on Starc at test level, but he'll do no worse than what your man has been serving up with both bat and ball.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with OverratedSanity here. If it's green top it closes the gap between the seamers and need one Batsman to get going.

India's bigger problem abroad has been coming on pitches where bowlers need to be good to get something out of it and you need a few partnerships to get a par score.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not over the moon Starc's back, particularly because he's almost certainly gonna be removed for Boxing Day and boy haven't we done the Starc-gets-dropped-after-one-game thing before

but guys the other option was siddle

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I'm not over the moon Starc's back, particularly because he's almost certainly gonna be removed for Boxing Day and boy haven't we done the Starc-gets-dropped-after-one-game thing before

but guys the other option was siddle
yeah with pattinson, bird and cummins all injured starc is probably the next best option

shame chadd sayers hasn't been banging down the door this year, wouldve been good to see him get a crack

Top_Cat

Yeah, backing Hazlewood to be top-notch. Bloke's not had an easy ride, last few seasons would have been difficult so he's no bolter. Get the feeling he's being picked at the right stage; still raw enough to get better but battle-hardened and pro enough to really contribute.

Johnson/Hazelwood/Starc/Lyon has the ring of a good combo, personally. Hazlewood to do a job and while Johnson and Starc go hard for wickets at the other end and give Lyon some footmarks.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Noofers, Siddle has been barely adequate for a long time now and it's only been Johnson and Harris covering for him that has kept him going this long. Adelaide was his 'give the guy one last shot' test and he did nothing to make his spot secure. I'm no great wrap on Starc at test level, but he'll do no worse than what your man has been serving up with both bat and ball.
Yeah I know, he needed to produce more at Adelaide for sure. Its just a shame for him that Adelaide ended up being the First Test, as a good performance at Brisbane and poor at Adelaide would have likely been enough to retain a spot at the MCG etc.. But hey, he definitely didn't perform enough in the last past of his career, I'm hoping he comes back better than ever, but its probably not that likely.

Zinzan

Agree with OverratedSanity here. If it's green top it closes the gap between the seamers and need one Batsman to get going.

India's bigger problem abroad has been coming on pitches where bowlers need to be good to get something out of it and you need a few partnerships to get a par score.
Agree, took me a while to be convinced of this regarding India, but it's true, if they can win a crucial toss on a spicy track like Wellington, then it's their best chance to actually get 20 wickets.

Flem274*

123/5
So to address an awkward elephant in the room, if Ishant has a good series here do we admit he's a respectable bowler? He's had a good 12 months, even if his average (34) doesn't reflect some of the successes he's had.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo says Indian pace attack is likely to remain unchanged.

I'll be very disappointed if I don't see Umesh tonight.

JBMAC

State Captain
>>>LARGEST STORMS OF THE SEASON COULD HIT SEQLD / NENSW INC. BRISBANE ON THURSDAY<<<
*PLEASE SHARE, TAG AND DOT*
• Thursday's potential storm setup looks absolutely potent with hot temps combining high humidity in what looks to be a volatile forecast!
• SUPERCELLS and VERY DANGEROUS SEVERE STORMS a distinct possibility with models suggesting a 75% chance right over Brisbane. These types of storms can cause damage and destruction and contain the following risks: Destructive Winds over 125km hr, Large Hail to 9cm in diameter, Heavy Rainfall leading to flash flooding, an "elevated" risk of tornados.
• Severe storms LIKELY East of a line from Roma to Lismore with a 90% chance of developing. Severe storms contain the following risks: Large Hail over 2cm, Damaging Winds over 90km hr, Heavy Rain leading to flash flooding.
• All storms of this nature have frequent dangerous lightning.
• This forecast is not "hyped" it's real and produced from reliable forecast data. Max temps need to be around 35c for initiation, thus the only inhibiter for severe development would be cloud cover during to day.
• BE AWARE BE PREPARED
• Exact locations are impossible to forecast however the map provided shows likely severe storm potential in the red shaded areas at 4pm on Thursday.
• This forecast will be reviewed tomorrow night for accuracy and minor changes.
Stay safe, stay tuned!
~ Jeff Higgins ~ RAI will Affect this Test

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
My assumption is that the pitch is a completely bowler friendly surface... one where regardless of the quality of the pacer, wickets will fall. If Brisbane is anything like Wellington on day 1, even Ishant has a chance of being as destructive as Johnson. Now, if it's just a true surface (which it probably will) which only helps truly good bowling, and not an out and out greentop , we'll be destroyed because Johnson and Hazelwood will tear it up and Shami and Ishant will concede 450.
Its not a completely friendly surface. Never is.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
>>>LARGEST STORMS OF THE SEASON COULD HIT SEQLD / NENSW INC. BRISBANE ON THURSDAY<<<
*PLEASE SHARE, TAG AND DOT*
• Thursday's potential storm setup looks absolutely potent with hot temps combining high humidity in what looks to be a volatile forecast!
• SUPERCELLS and VERY DANGEROUS SEVERE STORMS a distinct possibility with models suggesting a 75% chance right over Brisbane. These types of storms can cause damage and destruction and contain the following risks: Destructive Winds over 125km hr, Large Hail to 9cm in diameter, Heavy Rainfall leading to flash flooding, an "elevated" risk of tornados.
• Severe storms LIKELY East of a line from Roma to Lismore with a 90% chance of developing. Severe storms contain the following risks: Large Hail over 2cm, Damaging Winds over 90km hr, Heavy Rain leading to flash flooding.
• All storms of this nature have frequent dangerous lightning.
• This forecast is not "hyped" it's real and produced from reliable forecast data. Max temps need to be around 35c for initiation, thus the only inhibiter for severe development would be cloud cover during to day.
• BE AWARE BE PREPARED
• Exact locations are impossible to forecast however the map provided shows likely severe storm potential in the red shaded areas at 4pm on Thursday.
• This forecast will be reviewed tomorrow night for accuracy and minor changes.
Stay safe, stay tuned!
~ Jeff Higgins ~ RAI will Affect this Test
Ishant Sharma's ball will swing for the first time if this storm comes.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Queensland Cricket may have already lost some income on the shift of the Test. They ain't letting it be a three day Test, it's gonna be flat.

uvelocity

International Coach
Yeah I know, he needed to produce more at Adelaide for sure. Its just a shame for him that Adelaide ended up being the First Test, as a good performance at Brisbane and poor at Adelaide would have likely been enough to retain a spot at the MCG etc.. But hey, he definitely didn't perform enough in the last past of his career, I'm hoping he comes back better than ever, but its probably not that likely.
if anyone out there is reading cw for the first time, noofers giving up is a clear signal that siddle has a fork in him

just had a feeling watson is gonna carve up this test. lock in motm