• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test (Old Trafford, Manchester) 19-23 July

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Best news is that our tactics & selections have been vindicated so we can look forward to more tests of non stop bouncers with everyone on the fence & a new 5 year deal for Gravey

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
Re the last test

when was the last time Australia won it to confirm retaining or winning the series in England ?

the one Chris got was a 3-2 England win in 2015

must be the 90s when Australia won the last test as I think England won the last one in 2001

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Re the last test

when was the last time Australia won it to confirm retaining or winning the series in England ?

must be the 90s when Australia won the last test as I think England won the last one in 2001
We won the last in 97, but series was dead. However wasn’t it the 4th we won in 2001?

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Re the last test

No it was in 2001. When Steve said wtf was that Gilly, I'm back in charge now.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It will be 2-2

But Seriously, The moaning about the rain and conditions and Root's silly idea of playing till 10. it's sour grapes, We are acting like whinging poms
It’s understandable when people are disappointed mate.

Tbf it was about the first time the atmospherics haven’t gone England’s way this series. There’s always a thousand moments you can pick from a series when something like this happens, but I really think as @Spark said that letting Aus make 400 odd in those conditions on day one at Lord s was probably the thing which cost them most

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer
I think they’re better than you’ve had in a while. Would think Broad will be done by then - he’ll be missed for sure, but you’re better off without Anderson here anyway. Wood bowled well here last time and will hopefully still be around. Tongue looks a prospect, and just bring two other blokes who bowl heat.
We have some in the likes of Archer, Stone & Mahmood but none of them can stay fit sadly

Croadymeister

U19 Cricketer

Tbf it was about the first time the atmospherics haven’t gone England’s way this series. There’s always a thousand moments you can pick from a series when something like this happens, but I really think as @Spark said that letting Aus make 400 odd in those conditions on day one at Lord s was probably the thing which cost them most
I still have nightmares over the basic errors made at Edgbaston,particularly the Bairstow missed stumping,dropped catches and then Broad had to go and take a wicket on no ball.

Can see us being beat 3-1 now Ashes have gone which quite honestly is deserved for the early sloppy performances. Quite honestly I just wish this last test would come and go quickly as possible. The pain is so raw only a few days later.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Other than when our openers were made to bat in the pitch black at Edgbaston. They’d have tonned up in any semblance of light and those two wickets cost us much more than the declaration. And then to rub salt in the wounds they go and make us bowl spinners in much lighter conditions yesterday, just as our seamers were about to get their tails up and clean up.

Both matches stolen from us by the umpires. FACT