• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just got up and a cracking session for England. Back in the game, if not on top. Could well have them out for -300 here, top stuff. Who was the top bowler, Finn or Swann?

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Australia SHOULD have other options. The problem is we have no options because our side was mismanaged throughout the last year and no new promising players were given afew games to see how they stand as replacements/backups. Look at most of the other sides throughout the world and they have new players who've played a handful of tests and are pushing for a permanent spot. What has Australia got other then a back up keeper, an opener with poor technique who can't play in the middle order and a leg spinner or batsmen who noone can decide what he should be doing and isn't really up to scratch playing in the proper middle order. Anyway that's my feeling on the side.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Australia SHOULD have other options. The problem is we have no options because our side was mismanaged throughout the last year and no new promising players were given afew games to see how they stand as replacements/backups. Look at most of the other sides throughout the world and they have new players who've played a handful of tests and are pushing for a permanent spot. What has Australia got other then a back up keeper, an opener with poor technique who can't play in the middle order and a leg spinner or batsmen who noone can decide what he should be doing and isn't really up to scratch playing in the proper middle order. Anyway that's my feeling on the side.
Khawaja.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I have to say this is a fantastic Test pitch. The quality of cricket it's produced has been above and beyond all predictions.
Oh yeah I agree massively. It's been good for batting but it's done just enough to keep the bowlers interested the whole way through. Most importantly, it's been pretty quick and has good carry.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Australia definitely needs a lead on first innings, unless there is a super bowling effort in the 2nd innings from the Aussies.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah this pitch is not going to be fun to bat on Day 4/5.

Outstanding from Muss, needs another 50 minimum.