• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that was our session.Fascinatingly poised at tea.

Huge session for both sides coming up,if England win it they could well be putting themselves in the hunt for a rare win in Brisbane but if the Aussies win it they will have a lead to add to going into the 3rd day.

I love ashes cricket.So tense.

Ruckus

International Captain
Great shot Hussey!

Disagree with Chappelli that this is the kind of pitch where "you're never quite in". Would say that it is definitely possible to build atleast couple of hundred run partnerships every innings.
Yeh I totally agree. A score of 400 should be easily possible, but England suffered the Siddle spell, and Australia have just been following their general batting trends (bar Hussey).

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
This makes me so angry. Get Ponting down the order, get Clarke out of there if he's unfit, get North out full stop, and Johnson and Hilfenhaus aswell.

You'd think with the very average performances by Australia in the last year or so that we'd see some changes. But no, the mediocrity remains. Furious.
Problem is there's hardly a wealth of options outside the team. Khawaja is a huge risk, and then there's not much else other than White.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeh I totally agree. A score of 400 should be easily possible, but England suffered the Siddle spell, and Australia have just been following their general batting trends (bar Hussey).
The hat trick stuffed us.If Prior and Broad had got a few we may well have gone past 350 and Bell wouldn't have had to throw his wicket away chasing quick runs with the tail.Shows how great a spell it was by Siddle yesterday.

Ruckus

International Captain
The hat trick stuffed us.If Prior and Broad had got a few we may well have gone past 350 and Bell wouldn't have had to throw his wicket away chasing quick runs with the tail.Shows how great a spell it was by Siddle yesterday.
Yeh you were undoubtedly unlucky to face Sids on his B'day, but there isn't much of an excuse for Australia. England have bowled very consistent lines, but barring a few good Anderson deliveries, it hasn't been particularly dangerous bowling.

TumTum

Banned
hussey`s wicket and the game is on
I don't know how much you've been watching but it's already game on.

Surely we can't lose this after getting Strauss out 3rd ball and Siddle getting a hat-trick? Although usually the team that gets these individual performances lose. Malinga 4-trick and Waugh last ball 100 come to mind.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't know how much you've been watching but it's already game on.

Surely we can't lose this after getting Strauss out 3rd ball and Siddle getting a hat-trick? Although usually the team that gets these individual performances lose. Malinga 4-trick and Waugh last ball 100 come to mind.
That doesn't make much sense. Yes, some of the great performances occur in a losing game, but countless others are in wins.