• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How wonderful it is to see England go from being so full of hope before the First Test to praying for rain within 5 days :happy:

Great to see Haddin and North get hundreds too.

archie mac

International Coach
My lap top is down and I am using a very old (2000) Mac. It means I have to wait 2 mins each time to open a forum page (angry smile. I can't use those either).

I am wondering has anyone mentioned the time wasting by England? With 20/20 taking over, I hardly think time wasting to the point where your own fans start to slow hand clap, can be good for the game!

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
I was wondering, what is the general consensus on North?

-He made a century on debut.
-Got some pretty average test scores.
-Batted poorly in 2 ODIs.
-Played 1 T20I, got 20 runs.
-Had everybody saying he sucks.
-Makes 191* in a tour match.
-Makes 125* in his first Ashes test.

Hopefully he just had a bad run of form before a good run of form. Because if he can bat the way he has in his last two matches and take a wicket or two each innings he's set to become a pretty imporant part of the Australian lineup.

ripper868

International Coach

Hopefully he just had a bad run of form before a good run of form. Because if he can bat the way he has in his last two matches and take a wicket or two each innings he's set to become a pretty imporant part of the Australian lineup.
1. Kid's good
2. Hand in your detective badge.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain

Solid option as a Test match number 6 batsman. Not the strongest technique, but knows how to score runs. One of those cricketers who is either in tremendous form and scoring heavy runs, or no form at all and struggling.

Player who deserved his chance after years of toiling away for Western Australia and in County cricket. Turned him into an incredibly smart cricketer, and like Michael Hussey before him, will understand how hard it is to break into Test cricket.

Been a long road, was playing Australia U/19 cricket 12 years ago. Representing Australia ‘A’ as early as 7 years ago.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They just went across to cardiff on Cricket Writers on TV, and it's a fairly blue and sunny sky. ****ing stupid climate. :@

ripper868

International Coach
They just went across to cardiff on Cricket Writers on TV, and it's a fairly blue and sunny sky. ****ing stupid climate. :@
Come on mate, is this what the great english are reduced to? praying for rain? pray for your batters, for they need you in this their darkest hours.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Big day for Hauritz. Can cement his place in the side for a while if he bowls well today, will justify the "variety" call. A bad day means he might not play the second test.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The Welsh have always detested the English ever since we turned over some upstart called Owain Glyndwr back in the Middle Ages
And the funny thing about him is that even though his name is spelled Owain Glyndwr it's actually pronounced "Shevaun"

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Play should have started at 10.30am. A 11am start after losing a session yesterday makes no sense at all.