• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the SCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Johnson's impact on this series is something which will be talked about for years and years. Can't really quantify it even with his impressive wicket tally.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Johnson's impact on this series is something which will be talked about for years and years. Can't really quantify it even with his impressive wicket tally.
The thing is, with his pace, trajectory, bounce and swing Johnson has always been the Australian bowler most likely to rip a batting XI to shreds when all the working bits are in order. The fact he didn't even make the squad for the English leg shows the hen's teeth quality of this previously.

The fact that they now are with a vengence is testament to how he's being handled, IMHO. So an awful lot of credit must go to Lehman there. Oh, and I suppose the fact his bird and old lady aren't having a public electronic war this series probz helps too, so kudos to the respective Mrs Johnsons as well.

the big bambino

International Captain
Respect to Anderson for playing that session out. My word that ball to Cook. He kinda pin balled it around a bit but he kept it down. Quality day today.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the 5 test ashes wicket record? Warne's 40? Would be awesome if Johnson broke it. 40 in 5 tests is sensational, especially for a fast bowler

jan

State Vice-Captain
Im sick so I couldnt watch tonight. Seems I mised quite an eventful day :(
Stokes 6-fer. Smith hundred. Root out, Rankin in. Bailey no score. And Haddin again!