• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at the Oval

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marsh is a better bowler than he gets credit for. He's a poorer batsman than he gets credit for.

I suppose it all levels out.
He'll be fine IMO - will maintain his place due to wickets before scoring a lot of runs

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Reminds me of Lord's 09 where we got a big lead but then got hit around a bit by the tail so Strauss opted against the follow on

No idea if Clarke will similarly be affected and would expect us bating again by close anyway but nice to at least show an ounce of fight

Not that I'm watching thanks to ****ing Virgin media so we've probably lost two wickets while I type

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Woods runs showing what absolute bellends the batsmen were last night.

Maybe he won't follow on now but I think it'd be a mistake.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wood has been very good with the bat in this series and is certainly not your average tail ender

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
He's one of those cricketers that it just feels inevitable will go a full series without taking wickets or scoring runs. Everything he does has a great scream of fortune about it :laughing:
When he's batting at number 8 he's always gonna bat like this but he can play like a proper batsman (all be it a bit crap against the short ball)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Apologies if this has already been posted, but has any thought been given to Moeen opening in the UAE? He can't be worse than Lythe and it will make it is easy for Rashid (or other spinner) to bat 8