• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

jeevan

International 12th Man
You're welcome, bit worried that it's chipped though. wasn't in 2005:-O

Gosh, this is the type of stuff that should be kept to therapy, to be fair, not shared on public forums.:unsure:
Posting on internet forums is one type of therapy. Cheap one too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What a day.

I'm shaking and I don't think I will sleep at all tonight. I know that we should win, I know that Australia would need to do something unbelievable, and I am the biggest optimist around, but there it is, in the back of my mind, a nagging worry. Get two wickets before lunch and I'll settle down.

Throw in the fact that it is likely to be Freddie's last day in Test cricket tomorrow and I'm feeling all sorts of crazy at the moment.

Tomorrow's gonna be ****ing special for some of us, one way or another.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Be great if the test finishes today. Been chasing the dragon at Louisiana Downs for the best part of three days and I could do with some sleeping during the daytime before I go ATR, Stateside and early morning puppies at Romford.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Some knob on TMS trotting out the usual bollocks in defence of the ticket prices. Really pisses me off when they say what great value the cheapest available price of £55 is.
Compared to other forms of entertainment, £55 is very good value for the ticket.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Compared to other forms of entertainment, £55 is very good value for the ticket.
I still find it ridiculously expensive though compared to prices here. That's $130 for a ticket to the cricket. You'd have an empty ground here if you charged that much. I paid 30 pounds for a ticket to Lords 7 years ago and thought that was up there at the time.

I guess it's all relative though.

pup11

International Coach
I hope you are right nnandos.

In simple terms Australia only need 230 runs per day to win this thing, easy stuff lol :D Again, Clarke and Haddin really need big innings because I can see Hussey getting done up again.
Look like all the Aussie fans, just hoping a miracle would take place and we would bat wonderfully over the next two days, but for even that to happen both Ponting and Hussey would have to play the innings of their lives.

I know likes of Clarke, Haddin and North have been our form players in this series, but if we're to get anywhere near that target, then Ponting and Hussey need to pull up their sockses, the way Hussey bats is gonna be even more crucial, because he is the guy most likely and able to guide us through this tough chase, of course atm he seems to terribly out of touch, but if we're to have any chance, then he needs to come good in a big way.

Also it goes without saying that every other batsman in the side would have to chip in with a substantial contribution as well, but as I said Ponting and Hussey are our key players in this chase, and if they fail we have no chance.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would actually put money on it if it was 50-1, not a chance in hell at the current levels.

Would bet the bank on England considering their odds... but... it is England.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some knob on TMS trotting out the usual bollocks in defence of the ticket prices. Really pisses me off when they say what great value the cheapest available price of £55 is.
Most things seem to 'really piss you off' to be fair me old mate :cool: