• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Can't help but hold on to a bit of hope as an Australian fan, just like at Lords.

There's been enough half-chances to keep the bowlers interested though, even with England not bowling that well so far.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I genuinely think Australia will chase them down.It's just typical England to build a nation's hopes up only to throw it away when in a position of complete dominance.
Credit to Australia mind. I believe this will go down as the greatest Test win of all time, so excited.

pup11

International Coach
Well done Watto and Kateesh, job well done for the day, but need more of this tomorrow as well, really need a big opening partnership from these two, to even think about the unthinkable.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good start from the openers. We've obviously got no chance, but it'd be great if Watto could ton up. Fully expecting one or two shockers from the umpires tomorrow btw.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Very nice start from the Aussie openers. Pity we can't throw as well as Katich can! Anyhow it's Lord's all over again, everyone saying it's in the bag for England but me feverishly fearing the worst. It could be a long day tomorrow. I'm desperate for an early breakthrough.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, all these "ah, we've wons" from everyone from Botham down don't quite ring true to me. As a pom and a sports fan pessimism is second nature, but I don't think the chaps should be cracking the champers just yet. The pitch has flattened considerably.

Pigeon

Banned
Lol @ the pitch. We might see the match taken to it's conclusion by tomorrow. If England does not have a good morning session, they might as well kiss it goodbye.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Basically if Australia manage to keep 4-5 wickets in hand by the end of tomorrow, they will probably win.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
We have to pretty much have half of the team score a century and it just ain't gonna happen. I will only start dreaming if we have halved the remaining score with 2 top/middle order batsmen left with the tail at the end of tomorrow's play.

Last edited:

Dissector

International Debutant
I think it will be a bit like the 3rd test of the last Ashes with sides reversed. For a brief while it will look like Australia could actually pull it off but they will end up losing by a fairly big margin.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Love it how we've played some really awesome cricket today and had the Aussies on the ropes for most of the day, and some English fans are still whining about it and saying they think we'll lose.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Love it how we've played some really awesome cricket today and had the Aussies on the ropes for most of the day, and some English fans are still whining about it and saying they think we'll lose.

It's because most of them are Thatcher's children who were brought up to think that good things can't happen in this Country.