• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fifth Test at The Oval

inbox24

International Debutant
Look like all the Aussie fans, just hoping a miracle would take place and we would bat wonderfully over the next two days, but for even that to happen both Ponting and Hussey would have to play the innings of their lives.

I know likes of Clarke, Haddin and North have been our form players in this series, but if we're to get anywhere near that target, then Ponting and Hussey need to pull up their sockses, the way Hussey bats is gonna be even more crucial, because he is the guy most likely and able to guide us through this tough chase, of course atm he seems to terribly out of touch, but if we're to have any chance, then he needs to come good in a big way.

Also it goes without saying that every other batsman in the side would have to chip in with a substantial contribution as well, but as I said Ponting and Hussey are our key players in this chase, and if they fail we have no chance.
YouTube - Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston - When You Believe :)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I still find it ridiculously expensive though compared to prices here. That's $130 for a ticket to the cricket. You'd have an empty ground here if you charged that much. I paid 30 pounds for a ticket to Lords 7 years ago and thought that was up there at the time.

I guess it's all relative though.
£55 is perfectly reasonable by today's prices in England. I don't know much about the Australian economy but it is indeed relative. In Poland £55 would be two months wages.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, from what I understand wages are a lot higher here than Australia. The only fair way to assess the cricket prices is to compare them to equivalent events in football and rugby...not sure how much it costs to go and watch an international at twickenham, but I paid as much for England v Azerbaijan (WCQ) at St james Park as I have done for Test matches

Langeveldt

Soutie
£55 is perfectly reasonable by today's prices in England. I don't know much about the Australian economy but it is indeed relative. In Poland £55 would be two months wages.
It's terrible, but the idiots will still cough up to go and watch the cricket, so thats why the prices are so high.. In SA I paid 25 rand (about 2 pounds of 5 Aussie dollars) to watch the SA v Australia tests.. It's not even relitive, thats not even an hours wage for most of the people who were watching.. The wages are higher in England than most places, granted, but not like twenty times higher..

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'll be seeing that quote in my sig if we win this mate ;) (Burgey)
Fair enough mate.

Obviously no one else is having page-layout problems with the site like I am then, given the lack of mention? Eg, Corrin's smiley in the above post super-imposed over some of his text (not a bad thinkg mind :p), font seems different etc.

Honestly, if my young bloke has got on here and ****ed this thing up I'll throttle him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Fair enough mate.

Obviously no one else is having page-layout problems with the site like I am then, given the lack of mention? Eg, Corrin's smiley in the above post super-imposed over some of his text (not a bad thinkg mind :p), font seems different etc.

Honestly, if my young bloke has got on here and ****ed this thing up I'll throttle him.
He's been posting for the last few weeks under the username CDM, or something

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's working fine for me mate, forum hasn't changed at all
Hmm. Dunno what's going on then. Got the ads at the bottom of the page turning up half way into posts (couldn't edit the typo in my last one for example, as the ads were covering the edit button.

I think I'll keep bringing this up through the night to distract everyone from the cricket.

Anyone know when the test players fly home? I want to get out to Kingsford-Smith and throw **** at them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yeah, from what I understand wages are a lot higher here than Australia. The only fair way to assess the cricket prices is to compare them to equivalent events in football and rugby...not sure how much it costs to go and watch an international at twickenham,
Worse.

My mate lived down the road from Twickenham a couple of years back so I investigated the chances of going to a 6 Nations game.

There were only tickets for the Italy game left, and the worst seats in the house were £90 each!

pasag

RTDAS
Might as well make my first optimistic post of the series knowing it'll probably be dug up mercilessly in five or six hours time - Australia to win this and become the first side to chase down 500+ to win a Test.

At work so not watching, only have cricinfo and you ****s to keep me informed.