• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

Molehill

International Captain
Seeing the City fans applauding the Enciso goal at Brighton last night (almost before it went in in one case) made me think of times you've done likewise for an opposition goal. One that always sticks in my mind was Ronaldo smashing a 25 yarder in with his left foot at Fratton Park off the underside of the bar. You just had to clap and say "too good".

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seeing the City fans applauding the Enciso goal at Brighton last night (almost before it went in in one case) made me think of times you've done likewise for an opposition goal. One that always sticks in my mind was Ronaldo smashing a 25 yarder in with his left foot at Fratton Park off the underside of the bar. You just had to clap and say "too good".
Best example is surely Barry Davies’ ‘you have to say that’s magnificent’.

Molehill

International Captain
Best example is surely Barry Davies’ ‘you have to say that’s magnificent’.
Well you would if he hadn't just been a cheating little **** for the first goal. Can't say I shared Barry's feelings at that precise moment in time.

Ironic that Davies is also remembered for a piece of commentary that is almost the complete opposite......."where were the Germans, and frankly, who cares?".

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well you would if he hadn't just been a cheating little **** for the first goal. Can't say I shared Barry's feelings at that precise moment in time.
I think that’s the point of the ‘well you have to say…’ though

Himannv

International Coach
This one was amazing:

That touch with his head to take it out of the path of the defender was sublime. I wouldn't necessarily limit it to this specific moment but his pace was just incredible and he was racing past us for most of the match. The Ballon D'Or he received that year was well-deserved.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm sure most of us have seen this with the Dutch commentary, but the Argentinian one doesn't sound grudging.

But I no speako Spaniardo, so the comm could be wishing his children cancer for all I know:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm sure most of us have seen this with the Dutch commentary, but the Argentinian one doesn't sound grudging.

But I no speako Spaniardo, so the comm could be wishing his children cancer for all I know:

Is it possible for a goal to age well? I feel like this one looks better and better every time I see it again. Techniques are light years ahead of where they were 25 years ago and the touch is still jaw-dropping.